Bring Coughlin and Reese to Miami! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Coughlin and Reese to Miami!

Spesh, this is too easy, from the Giants website:

Jerry Reese is in his ninth season as the Giants’ Senior Vice President and General Manager. Reese is one of the most successful general managers in the NFL. His first eight seasons as head of the franchise’s football operations included victories in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI, a 71-57 regular season record and an 8-1 postseason mark. During his tenure the Giants have won two NFC East championships, earned three postseason berths and finished .500 or better in six consecutive seasons.

I don't care if Reese drafted Emmaneul Lewis to be the QB, the guy has drafted/maintained/developed/traded for enough talent to win two Superbowls....period.

His job is to find talent to win the big one, he's done that....twice. What else does he have to do?

Seriously though, I'm not saying he's the best out there, but he is a top ten GM in my eye.

The 2007 team was built by his predecessor Ernie Accorsi. Eli, Strahan, Osi, Burress, Tuck, Madison, Corey Webster, Brandon Jacobs...i could go on. Reese added a kicker and Aaron Ross. Not nothing but color me unimpressed.

He obviously contributed more to the 2011 team, although the core still consisted of players he inherited. Regardless, where is that team now? It was only 4 years ago. How did a Superbowl roster turn into a team thats working on its 3rd straight losing season?

Simple: Accorsi's players got old or moved on and Reese couldn't find lasting talent.

Heres a list of Reese's first round picks: Aaron Ross, Kenny Phillips, Hakeem Nicks, JPP, Prince Amukamara, David Wilson, Justin Pugh, Odell Beckham, and Ereck Flowers.

So far, exactly 1 of those looks like a star. Wanna guess how the other rounds went?

The best thing Jerry Reese "accomplished" was inheriting a hall of fame quarterback, hall of fame coach, and Superbowl quality roster. Expecting him to build a lasting contender is silly. Because hes shown he can't.

no to jerry reese...after the previous gm ernie accorsis players retired and left jerry reese has not done a good job of assembling a roster and acquiring or drafting talent...a big NO to jerry reese

Back
Top Bottom