Bring in Percy Harvin!? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Percy Harvin!?

giphy.gif

Are we ever going to get something where you can take back a thumbs up or down?

xXWARXx: I totally agree on the needing playmakers in your post. I sausage fingered the thumbs up or down choice and accidentally hit the thumbs down button.

Percy' s biggest problem is his migraines. He plays through them most of the time. The dolphins have needed this kind of player for years, one who is a true home run hitter and dual threat.

Landry had some good moments last year but he is in no way the return man harvin is.

I see players like DARRIN SPROLES hit the market year after year and other teams snatch them up and prosper. Even in the draft, in later rounds they pass on players who were great return men in college.

Harvin has an issue or two but he is one of those players who take the field and defensive coaches go uh-oh and have to adjust for him. I see Rex Ryan grabbing him back up. Tired of seeing our division loading up on playmakers and we find ways to avoid it.

Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry and Percy Harvin lined up? Dear God!! Like Wallace or not teams respect his abilities and he scored 10 TD's from a qb that can't hit him deep!!

Really? Who do you swing all the coverage to in that? The single covered guy is going to the house. If they load up coverage to both harvin and wallace? Landry is chewing them up.

I am a big YES for Percy Harvin!!

Pete Carroll had issues with him, and Pete is the coolest, easiest going coach in the NFL.

Philbin would bring out the worst in that problem child, probably right away.

Lazor too.

Anyone who seriously wants to bring Percy here either doesn't know anything about that kid, or they are just thinking about madden. :chuckle:

xXWARXx: I totally agree on the needing playmakers in your post. I sausage fingered the thumbs up or down choice and accidentally hit the thumbs down button.

Percy' s biggest problem is his migraines. He plays through them most of the time. The dolphins have needed this kind of player for years, one who is a true home run hitter and dual threat.

Landry had some good moments last year but he is in no way the return man harvin is.

I see players like DARRIN SPROLES hit the market year after year and other teams snatch them up and prosper. Even in the draft, in later rounds they pass on players who were great return men in college.

Harvin has an issue or two but he is one of those players who take the field and defensive coaches go uh-oh and have to adjust for him. I see Rex Ryan grabbing him back up. Tired of seeing our division loading up on playmakers and we find ways to avoid it.

Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry and Percy Harvin lined up? Dear God!! Like Wallace or not teams respect his abilities and he scored 10 TD's from a qb that can't hit him deep!!

Really? Who do you swing all the coverage to in that? The single covered guy is going to the house. If they load up coverage to both harvin and wallace? Landry is chewing them up.

our league loading up on play makers??? who and when.... just recently bigger names really are flying in like McCoy and Marshall... but Jets might of been constantly bringing in names, but where has that taken them??? a lot of their names were the guys that created issues anyways in the locker rooms and off the field... not a great thing for your organization, hence the complete collapse and downfall. so many years of utter chaos and a mess within.

Buffalo really hasnt done that, and the Patriots basically develop their own for the most part. they dont deal with contract negotiations and battling for big names to often. once in a while they'll bring in names, but usually they are bringing in pieces that will fit and play with their scheme. And lets say Buffalo has brought in big names and such like you said... hasnt taken them anywhere either... only Patriots have thrived throughout decades in the AFC East!!!

Harvin came into the Jets and basically still didnt do much... i'll give him props for scoring his first receiving TD since like 2012 though!!! i dont want his headaches here... and by meaning that i mean causing headaches and issues for the team, coaches and everyone else.... i believe his migranes have been cured. he is off the field due to his hip and leg injuries.

and Darrin Sproles please dont compare him to Percy... he is a special talent out of the backfield... and actual RB who can run and pass catch... he is also a hard worker who works with a team, with a system, and has never been an issue!!!

Yep
Were in one of the toughest defensive divisions in the nfl.

Good execution and solid execution won't cut it. No way we make playoffs without adding playmakers.

There's a reason jets added marshall, and buff added lesean.

Percy' s biggest problem is his migraines.

I dunno about that. He's bounced around teams for some pretty character-concerning issues, not because of his migraines necessarily.

Now, if you told me Philbin wanted to embrace the guy and try and change up his attitude, I'd say OK Joe, give it a shot. But I don't think Philbin is that kind of guy. My take is he expects his players to be professional from day 1 and doesn't seem to hold hands, or seem to want to, hence his quick-shipping-off of Vontae, Marshall, Dansby, etc.

I honestly would love to see us get Harvin for cheap and on a prove-it deal. He can do good things, great things. But under Philbin there's a lot to be expected of him as a team player, and Harvin's reputation precedes him.

Ah Harvin has never been used properly in the NFL. I think he's a speedy weapon that can break tackles, but he's never gonna be a great route runner or outside receiver. He's great in the slot, out of the backfield, and on kick returns. Throw him screens, crossing routes, out routes, wheel routes, hand him theball a few times a game and he could be very productive. I don't think he particularly fits what we need, but he certainly would be useful for the right price.

Why doesn't anyone also mention the fact that he also hasn't done anything! Maybe one decent year but still he's never had a 1000 yards season, what's the deal? Yeah he's talent but so were 100's of other draft busts, their called workout warriors. I honestly don't get the obsession or fascination with him. I mean Hartline has had at least two 1,000 yards seasons.

Teams that have got rid of him STILL need help at WR, that should be a clue.

I hate how even the announcers talk about how talented he is and how teams have to get creative to get him involved. Good WR's know how to get open and coaches don't have to figure out special plays to get them involved.

No Doubt 1 of the Best players I've seen with the Ball in his Hands.Without the Ball 1 of the worst players I've ever seen in my Life.

T.O is a cream puff compared to this guy as a team Player.

Back
Top Bottom