Bring LIVAS back please | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring LIVAS back please

BG12DM13CP10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we can bring back Will Allen, lets also bring back Livas also. We need more weapons and all the help we can get right now. We were absolutely ineffective in our return game against NE. There were many oppurtunities for punts and kick off returns against NE the other night. Are we going to just settle for poor field position and starting at the 20 all the time? At this point, it can't hurt to try him. I'm sure there are a lot of average non impact players that we can release to make room for him. Besides, the fans love him, and he can bring excitement on returns (unlike right now) and possibly help bring more fans to the games.

People are talking about how bad the d-line was, how bad Sapp was, how bad Jones/Bell were, how bad Nolan Carroll was, how bad the run game was.

I gotta say that I thought we held up pretty well in all aspects bar one against a great team and an offense playing at the peak of its powers. That one aspect was special teams. Two holding calls against Spitler which killed the only two decent returns from Gates, a couple of very mediocre return attempts from Gates and a completely flat and ineffective performance from Bess in the return game.

All this happened just as the tide turned in favor of the Pats. We looked competitive at 21-17, but played the rest of the game with terrible field position, which just handed the advantage to Brady.

I'm not saying there weren't problems elsewhere, but there were encouraging signs in every department that we can be a force this year except for special teams on the receiving side.

but played the rest of the game with terrible field position
This is true but wasn't that due to penalties. I don't see how Livas would have made a difference.

I'm all for giving a guy a shot but Allan is replacing a player that was dropped, who do you suggest the dolphins drop to make room for Livas?

This is true but wasn't that due to penalties. I don't see how Livas would have made a difference.

I'm all for giving a guy a shot but Allan is replacing a player that was dropped, who do you suggest the dolphins drop to make room for Livas?

I don't actually agree with the OP that we need to bring back Livas, but our KR/PR is terrible. The penalties did affect us because the two Spitler holding calls were on the only two plays where Gates made any yardage.

Take your pick: Nolan Carrol, Marc Columbo, Alama Francis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Baker, Ryan Cook, Tyrone Culver, Brandon King, Jeron Mustrud, Austin Spitler, John Jerry, Marvin Mitchell, Philip Merling, Jason Trusnik, Will Yeatman, Lex Hilliard, Nate Garner.

Livas had one good return. He looked average to below average on most other returns. At least Gates is a KR who also adds something as a WR. I completely support Livas being cut and I hope they do not bring him back.

Livas had one good return. He looked average to below average on most other returns. At least Gates is a KR who also adds something as a WR. I completely support Livas being cut and I hope they do not bring him back.
Livas had only 2 games in the preseason in which he returned kicks. He had many good returns in the first game, in the other game average returns. Good returns and TD in 1 out of 2 games is not bad at all. Most returners won't even return one TD all season. Don't forget his body of work in college (not only 8TDs but many other big returns). In the other two games he did not even get any oppurtunities to return a kick (either kicked out of bounds, touchback, faircatch, and the other team was always punting from around the 50 yardline--allowing no oppurtunity for return). Aside from his ability to return kicks, he knows what he is doing and is dependable and doesn't make mistakes. Besides, he's way better than Gates, and and was the only returner in the last 3 preseason games

I'll be watching Livas in person tomorrow night, along with troy smith, eric crouch, noel devine and maurice clarett at the omaha nighthawks season opener!

On the contrary. LIVAS had 2 VERY good returns on which he gained 6 and 0 yards. In the DALLAS game, he came up on the "dead run" on 2 line drive, short Punts. (One was about 36, and the other was 31) One thing NEITHER punt did was hit the ground. Do you know what those Punts would've done if allowed to hit the ground? Bounce and roll for about 15 or 20 yards, and bye-bye field position. LIVAS did what he did on at least 2 other occasions earlier in the preseason: it looks like he does so instinctively. It doesn't show in his "stats", but "stats" w/o context are d**k. How do you feel about "field position"? Is THAT important at all?

Also earlier in the preseason, we saw GATES let a Punt hit the ground in front of him, at about the MIAMI 20. It rolled right between his legs w/o touching him (by some miracle). But it rolled down to the 8. MARVELOUS, don't you think?

Now, let's discuss "risk of injury". Simply put, LIVAS is "expendable". GATES and BUSH aren't. QED.

As to WR, I only saw LIVAS get one pass from MOORE. It was a quick slant, and it went for about 15 yards or so. LIVAS ran that pattern w/no fear (he's no GINN), and w/more speed AND quickness than BESS, or HARTLINE, or MOORE, or WALLACE, or PRUITT, or MARSHALL ever DREAMED OF. And as to LIVAS's lack of size, reference "the Smurfs" on a good NFL history site. What you'll find is this: a group of smallish, quick and fast WRs for the REDSKINS, who ATE THE LEAGUE's DBs FOR LUNCH. None of them fit PARCELLS's requirements, but then again, as to "offense" and offense-related football, PARCELLS was a stubborn, hopelessly opinionated and antiquated baboon.

If we can bring back Will Allen, lets also bring back Livas also. We need more weapons and all the help we can get right now. We were absolutely ineffective in our return game against NE. There were many oppurtunities for punts and kick off returns against NE the other night. Are we going to just settle for poor field position and starting at the 20 all the time? At this point, it can't hurt to try him. I'm sure there are a lot of average non impact players that we can release to make room for him. Besides, the fans love him, and he can bring excitement on returns (unlike right now) and possibly help bring more fans to the games.

gate had a couple good returns but it doesnt matter when trusnick (signed to be a ST ace) gets called for holding both times

trusnik should be doing nothing but running sprints all week just for that first ridiculous hold he did. what a moron.

Back
Top Bottom