Bring on Griese!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on Griese!!!

alright fiedler haters, lets sign someone like peyton manning, and basically we can eliminate JT, Ogun, Seau, and a few more defenders due to the colossal amount of money that needs to be spent that we dont have...it all works out, we can ride to the Superbowl on our defense like the Ravens...we have the talent and we have Ricky...Fiedler can be adequate...

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
alright fiedler haters, lets sign someone like peyton manning, and basically we can eliminate JT, Ogun, Seau, and a few more defenders due to the colossal amount of money that needs to be spent that we dont have...it all works out, we can ride to the Superbowl on our defense like the Ravens...we have the talent and we have Ricky...Fiedler can be adequate...

Interesting....but adequate is not good enough at the qb spot.
(Dilfer is the exception)

But it's nice watching Manning throw the ball isn't it? I drool when I think of him qbing the Fins..He throws the most beautiful, accurate deep ball. I don't ask Jay to to that all the time. Just sometimes.. and he can't.

Originally posted by BATMAN
I'm sick and tired of Fiedler missing WIDE open receivers downfield. She simply cannot throw deep accurately.

This is going to be the Fins downfall.
Everyone says that Chambers is a great deep threat. Yes, but not with Fiedler throwing to him. He was wide open on a slant that would have been a TD. Thompson made a great catch on a good throw from Jay. But that was it. I think Jay overthrew McKnight a little on the bomb. The Jags game was way too close. Miami should have destroyed them.

I don't think Fiedler has ever thrown for 300 yds in a game. Granted, Turner's offense doesn't require it, but didn't Aikman have some big games?

I'm sick of hearing about our qb throwing for 160 yds everygame.

Leftwich is already a better passer than Fiedler will ever be.

It's time for Griese.

Miami will NEVER have a deep passing threat with Fiedler.

Yeah but Griese doesnt make a block for Ricky and if he does he will get hurt and be out for the rest of the year, choose your poison. A guy who throws a ton of interceptions who gets banged is out of the game.

Or a guy who might not have that rocket arm but can do more than just pass the ball.

Ill keep fiedler for now, maybe Ill throw Griese in for a play or two to change things up.

Moulds (who prior to this year, whoops our @$$ every time...) did not even catch a pass today it looks like. What happened? OMG!!! Cut him!

Pretty hard to catch a pass standing on the sidelines. :rolleyes: Moulds didn't even play.

Ill keep fiedler for now, maybe Ill throw Griese in for a play or two to change things up.

Generally, I hate the idea of switching QBs. But in this case I like it, alot. Give them alternating drives. I don't see the bad that come out of it. The usual argument against it is the chance of throwing off the rythm of the offense. Miami's offense HAS NO rythm.

Let's be honest here, everyone LOVES Fiedler. How can you not? He has the heart of a champ and he DOES win games. I doubt anyone here is personally attacking Fielder, I think it is just misdirested anger.

BUT, he can't do what this team needs him to do the most which is take pressure off of Ricky and the running game by throwing deep. He will be viewed as a liability until he can start hitting some people down field. I love Fiedler but I am so tired of watching the obligitory downfield pass we must try twice a half sail hopelessly incomplete.

Originally posted by mee

Let's be honest here, everyone LOVES Fiedler. How can you not? He has the heart of a champ and he DOES win games. I doubt anyone here is personally attacking Fielder, I think it is just misdirested anger.

Uhh, no, we dont

Jay Fiedler is the screen passing champion and that's it. Even Norv is saying we need to complete those passes to open up things for Ricky.

When we completed the pass to McKnight, the whole crowd at Alltel went silent. The Jags were way into that game and ready to take us out. I still dont know how the hell we completed that one, as if the words Fiedler connects on the longball to McKnight are just not part of the English lexicon.

We're not set up salary wise to get a great WR? We can't draft a guy in the first?

This is the year of big, fast WR's and there are many I think can become great. I just hate that we need to draft O-line, QB, and WR and we have no second rd pick.

Too bad we traded it away instead of just picking Smith with our second and keeping next year's.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 on that one.

Originally posted by mee

BUT, he can't do what this team needs him to do the most which is take pressure off of Ricky and the running game by throwing deep. He will be viewed as a liability until he can start hitting some people down field. I love Fiedler but I am so tired of watching the obligitory downfield pass we must try twice a half sail hopelessly incomplete.

Well put mee!

Defenses will never consider Miami a deep threat until we can successfully throw deep. This is Jay's 4th season. How much more time do we give him? Every year it's become worse.

Back
Top Bottom