Bring on Joey Harrington!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on Joey Harrington!!

VA Phin Fan

Starter
Reaction score
Only kidding!!! (someone had to do it) :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Culpepper showed he is still a little rusty. He will be fine. I am a encouraged by what I saw last night, but we gave up on Ronnie too early last night. I expect great things against the Jills next week.

man..when i saw this title, i shook my head before i clicked on it :lol:

yeah..im looking forward to see pep and ronnie do better next week..im sure we will be a better team then thursday night

Broken Record...

I know I sound like a broken record if you read my last few posts but...

This was C-Pep's first real game since Oct 30, 2005! He was and should have been rusty, it would have been freak like if he not had been. He still threw for over 200 yards.

I actually didn't think he played that bad last night. His first pick was lofted in there and if he would have thrown it harder or further down the field Chambers was gone and that second pick was just a rediculous catch by Porter. He zipped that in there and Joey made an incredible catch. The one pass he flung in to Chambers back shoulder hit Chris in both his hands and flew out of the endzone so I don't blame Pep for that. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season

zachequalsgod said:
I know I sound like a broken record if you read my last few posts but...

This was C-Pep's first real game since Oct 30, 2005! He was and should have been rusty, it would have been freak like if he not had been. He still threw for over 200 yards.

Amen brother! His 49.5 QB rating was not indicative of the way he played the majority of the game. I'd say all in all I'd give Daunte a C for last night's game. He's not 100% back from his injury and he's rusty, but he wasn't able to carry the team. There will be games this season where he will and we will thank Nick Saban for finally bringing us a QB that can do that.

I beg to differ, Culpeppers second pic was way off target by 3 feet and Porter was right there. I am not a believer in rust from a 7 year vet that has been playing since March with these receivers. His play last year before the injury is exactly how he played last night. Make throw here, make a throw there, then throw a INT or fumble. When you expect a play maker to make it happen Culpepper chokes, that's the bottom line.

If Rust was and excuse it should have been by the Steelers 2nd string QB. Batch looked like he was a a pro bowler last night. Explain that.

Silentobserver said:
I beg to differ, Culpeppers second pic was way off target by 3 feet and Porter was right there. I am not a believer in rust from a 7 year vet that has been playing since March with these receivers. His play last year before the injury is exactly how he played last night. Make throw here, make a throw there, then throw a INT or fumble. When you expect a play maker to make it happen Culpepper chokes, that's the bottom line.
:shakeno: :shakeno:

VA Phin Fan said:
Only kidding!!! (someone had to do it) :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Culpepper showed he is still a little rusty. He will be fine. I am a encouraged by what I saw last night, but we gave up on Ronnie too early last night. I expect great things against the Jills next week.

The sad thing is there are threads like this that arn't kidding.

Culpepper didn't look great last night, he didn't look horrible either. The 2 picks were just good plays really. I mean Porter dropping back in coverage on a quick slant, good play. Troy's interception was also just a pretty good play. Culpepper missed a lot of throws on 3rd down, but I think we need to give him a few games to get back into his rythem. I mean coming back from a 11 month lay off of game play then having to come out and play the Pitt Steelers doesn't bode well for you start.

Re watch that pic if you don't believe me, The pass was way behind the receiver cutting to the inside of the field. A really poor pass thrown into triple coverage. I hate to burst your bubble but Culpepper is not the savior and he shownm that last night. Now against the lower talented teams in the league he will shine, but not the good teams.

wow i was like what is goin on here when i first saw this lol.

hey its only one game...we can say that now but if it continues which i dont believe it will, then there wont be much of an issue. culpepper will bounce back....its not a make or break game as Zach said last night.

Silentobserver said:

If Rust was and excuse it should have been by the Steelers 2nd string QB. Batch looked like he was a a pro bowler last night. Explain that.

I will explain that. The Dolphins secondary is terrible and the Steelers have a great defense. I might even be able to get open against the Dolphins secondary. They will make a lot of average to below average QB's look like all-pros.

:D , I was hoping someone was joking. Nothing should surprise anyone on message boards though.

Silentobserver said:
Re watch that pic if you don't believe me, The pass was way behind the receiver cutting to the inside of the field. A really poor pass thrown into triple coverage. I hate to burst your bubble but Culpepper is not the savior and he shownm that last night. Now against the lower talented teams in the league he will shine, but not the good teams.

WHO CARES!! He made one bad pass last night! Peyton Manning makes bad passes, Tom Brady makes bad passes. It happens, that is part of football. I'm not the biggest Culpepper fan, but I know just because he made one bad pass doesn't mean he's a horrible QB when playing against a good team. It means he made one bad pass for a pick. He didn't look great last night, but dang give the freaking guy a couple weeks to get back into the game.

Back
Top Bottom