Bring Pat back home? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Pat back home?

Well, he has a 5.7 milcap hit this year and a 5.2 hit next year.

In terms of cap hit, he wouldn't hurt Miami too much.

An extended contract could also make year 3 manageable cap wise.

This is not including his 5th year option. Which would be like 16.9

So, in essence, you're looking at 3 years of manageable cap numbers.

After that, contracts like Hill/Armstead/Howard/Ogbah and baker will be off the books.

If you are moving forward with the nucleus of the team being
Offense- Tua/Waddle/Hunt/Williams
Defense- Phillips/Surtain/Sieler/ Holland/ Smith.

That's not bad.

If Miami could pull it off, they should try. Contracts falling off by 2025 would make his cap hit not really an issue.
Very well said.

I think Fangio was HC his rookie year. So there is some familiarity there as well.

Well, he has a 5.7 milcap hit this year and a 5.2 hit next year.

In terms of cap hit, he wouldn't hurt Miami too much.

An extended contract could also make year 3 manageable cap wise.

This is not including his 5th year option. Which would be like 16.9

So, in essence, you're looking at 3 years of manageable cap numbers.

After that, contracts like Hill/Armstead/Howard/Ogbah and baker will be off the books.

If you are moving forward with the nucleus of the team being
Offense- Tua/Waddle/Hunt/Williams
Defense- Phillips/Surtain/Sieler/ Holland/ Smith.

That's not bad.

If Miami could pull it off, they should try. Contracts falling off by 2025 would make his cap hit not really an issue.
Good post. Obviously, would love to have Surtain.

Looking ahead, I think Armstead needs to be replaced next year so that is a factor. It's a really good draft for LT's and there's where I'd currently spend Miami's #1 pick. Of course, the Dolphins could put a deal together that doesn't include this pick. It's "surtainly" interesting.

Good post. Obviously, would love to have Surtain.

Looking ahead, I think Armstead needs to be replaced next year so that is a factor. It's a really good draft for LT's and there's where I'd currently spend Miami's #1 pick. Of course, the Dolphins could put a deal together that doesn't include this pick. It's "surtainly" interesting.

OLT is a possibility.

I'd prefer Verse, Edge Rusher, FSU.

"Many sources around the league believe the Broncos would be willing to listen to trade interest in almost any player on the defensive side."

I know it would be costly and prob a pipe dream. But I would be so giddy to see the name Surtain above the #23 again in aqua.
Huh? Seriously? So we don’t pay Tua ? How the hell would even be able to make it work

Pat White? We might be able to afford him.

I'm good with a first + Apple & Chosen...

IF Wilkins leaves Sieler will need help to maintain his level of play.

Surtain Jr’s cap# can be managed quite well for the next 2-3 seasons but here’s why it doesn’t make sense for Miami:

Every time Miami does one of these trades that brings in a star that they can technically afford for awhile, it simply doesn’t just cost Miami draft picks, it costs them the chance to select young players that hopefully produce at a good rate while being under team control on a rookie contract.

In fact, the PERFECT example of this is already on Miami’s roster. They had the chance to either sign Dalvin Cook, or trade for Jonathan Taylor. Instead, they stood pat, started giving Achane touches, and now they have a young RB who’s on track to challenge Christian McCaffery for the NFL rushing crown. On top of that, Miami drafted him and now has him on a 4 year contract at a little over $5 mil total.

Sure, not every pick is gonna turn into Achane, but if a team wants to contend for multiple SB’s, and not just win 1 and have a fire sale after, they gotta balance the roster out with young players that they drafted. We’re already in short supply of that.

We can afford it. The problem is he's a cornerstone piece for Denver so if we wanted him, it would cost too much. We'll be playing with fire too much trying to win now even if he's a young guy. We can't keep throwing around draft picks. The Chubb trade being a disaster already hurts.

What are they asking for a couple of 1st round picks? And what can we give up? He is gonna want a nice new contract if we trade for him. Can we afford him? We got Claypool maybe down on the cheap low. But he still got proves his self. Pat Jr will not come cheap! As much I would like to have him here! I would say the asking price for a player like him is gonna be out of reasonable range! Especial as young as he is.

Back
Top Bottom