Bringing Hartline into the game and up to speed. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Hartline into the game and up to speed.

Only one person beat Brian Hartline in the Ohio State High School High Hurdles Championship. That guy was Ted Ginn Jr.

You don't need blazing speed to be a threat. You need enough speed and to be able to catch the ball and not fall down afterwards. Anquan Boldin ran 4.68 at the combine and he gets deep because of his great quickness. Brian Hartline had the second best 3-cone drill, 4th best 20-yard shuttle and was the best at the 60-yard shuttle so he has quickness and acceleration.

I agree, and I like Hartline and Henne already has some chemistry with him. They have played a lot together in preseason and practice. He also ran a 4.45 at the combine so it's not as if he is slow. He has plenty of speed to get deep, he is tough and he fights for the ball. It wouldn't shock me to see him turn out to be a good receiver. He reminds me of Anthony Gonzalez, who I thought was the better receiver at OSU.

"Not having any honor at all, I pulled this from from a answer of mine of another question.

Please give me your thoughts on it.
clear.gif

I'd stop using Ginn as a starter period until we proves that he can be a #1 WR."

If you bench him, how does he prove anything? TO has led the league in drops forever and he is considered one of the best in the game today. The FO has tried to upgrade the TALENT level since they have been here, and they SEEM to think Ginn can do it???? Maybe yes, maybe no. We should find out soon, but we will know be season's end if he fishes or cuts bait. Same with Henne, and players like everybody's favorite Paul Solai. This is still a "working project" and as our playoff game showed everyone we are not there yet. Patience grasshopper(s)!

I would bench Camarillo and activate Turner. Hartline is another Camarillo. Camarillo is still recovering from last years injury, and hasn't regained what speed he has.

Hartline is more athletic than Camarillo and far more athletic than Turner.

I think in theory having Ted Ginn in the slot and getting the matchup advantage is grat idea. In fact it's a great idea to put every teams #1 WR in the slot and have him matchuped up against a LB or a Safety.
The only problem is it does not work in real life. The defense reacts to who they see as the largest threat on the field. If we have no one else established as a bigger recieving threat, the #1 CB will be matched up on Ginn regardless if he is the X, Y or Z WR. Depth chart doesn't matter, the defense's preception does.

Real life isn't Madden, you can't just hide your best player at a #4 WR and hope for Larry Fitzgerald to be streaking down the field with Channing Crowder trying to cover him.

Chadd Henne personal endorcement helped Harline get drafted by the phins so look for it to happen more often than not.

True, if the staff was smart, they would let them grow up together.

Only one person beat Brian Hartline in the Ohio State High School High Hurdles Championship. That guy was Ted Ginn Jr.

You don't need blazing speed to be a threat. You need enough speed and to be able to catch the ball and not fall down afterwards. Anquan Boldin ran 4.68 at the combine and he gets deep because of his great quickness. Brian Hartline had the second best 3-cone drill, 4th best 20-yard shuttle and was the best at the 60-yard shuttle so he has quickness and acceleration.

You also have to surround a QB with players that compliment his skill set. Henne is not Pennington.

"Not having any honor at all, I pulled this from from a answer of mine of another question.

Please give me your thoughts on it.
clear.gif

I'd stop using Ginn as a starter period until we proves that he can be a #1 WR."

If you bench him, how does he prove anything? TO has led the league in drops forever and he is considered one of the best in the game today. The FO has tried to upgrade the TALENT level since they have been here, and they SEEM to think Ginn can do it???? Maybe yes, maybe no. We should find out soon, but we will know be season's end if he fishes or cuts bait. Same with Henne, and players like everybody's favorite Paul Solai. This is still a "working project" and as our playoff game showed everyone we are not there yet. Patience grasshopper(s)!

Did you just mention TO and Gin in the same sentence? Yes, TO will drop the ball but he will also score touchdowns.

Back
Top Bottom