Brock Berlin IMO is a waste of roster space | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin IMO is a waste of roster space

I disagree with ALL of you. :-)
He outplayed everyone else at QB on this team in preseason last year. He was the only one who moved the team and nearly brought us back in a couple of games. I think he is not real motivated in the Europe deal. He has the talent, he just gets disenchanted.

Now don't overreact (and I know you will!) I am not saying he deserves to start etc. I am saying that he played decent last preseason and is on the team still because of it. If he doesn't play well this year then he will not be here.

BB is a local kid trying to fit in the pros.
His skills are smaller than his intentions.
Ok, he was our roster pet last season as maybe Vick will become during 2006.

yeah i rekon give brock a chance to see what he can do for the dolphins u all just hating on him for i dunno what reason its not like he has hurt us in any way alot of u guys are acting as if he threw an intercept to lose us the superbowl or somthing give him a fair go

fin-atic said:
He outplayed everyone else at QB on this team in preseason last year. He was the only one who moved the team and nearly brought us back in a couple of games. I think he is not real motivated in the Europe deal. He has the talent, he just gets disenchanted.

Now don't overreact (and I know you will!) I am not saying he deserves to start etc. I am saying that he played decent last preseason and is on the team still because of it. If he doesn't play well this year then he will not be here.

I agree he played well last preseason, well enough to get re-signed and given an oppurtunity to develop in NFLE.

If, however, he is not motivated over there then I wouldn't give him a ticket home! This was his big chance to prove to everyone he has the gifts to make it as a QB in the NFL. Of all the positions in football, QB's seem to gain the most from NFLE time. If he doesn't realize that then I don't want him. His diary sounds like he and his bride are on a sightseeing tour, not that he is there dedicated to honing his craft.

Maybe he just writes as poorly as he throws, but getting demoted all the way to third string suggests he just doesn't have it. I am happy he was given a chance but it seems to have proved to everyone, except possibly Brock that he doesn't have it.

All that said, I would still rather have Brock than Vick. At least Brock will be on the field Sundays and not in jail. I'm all for giving chances but Vick has shown me nothing that suggests he could play QB in the NFL. Maybe WR, maybe RS, but mark my words he will crash and burn like Cecil Collins and end up in the next cell!

fin-atic said:

I disagree with your post. He was not the best QB for us last year. He had a few good drives, but if you go back and watch the film, it was ONLY from the shotgun and only in the 2 minute drill that he did anything at all.

Even then he still managed to throw a pick to lose a game in the last minute (by telegraphing his pass). PLUS all of his action in Preseason was against 3rd-stringers (at best). I am sorry he is an AVERAGE QB out of the shotgun but a TERRIBLE QB when he plays under center. With Ronnie Brown in the backfield, it would be a waste to even think of going to a shotgun offense. You lose a lot of your running plays when you do that.

NOW he is 3rd string in NFLE???? Come on, the guy is just a bust. He is not that good of a QB. Time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom