Brock Berlin - The Leader | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin - The Leader

Phinz4Life said:
It's a style comparison, not a talent comparison.

I don't care what kind of comparison was being made but I'm pretty sure, not 100% but about 99% certain, that Brock Berlin and Dan Marino should not be mentioned in the same sentence unless it is in the gist of "Brock Berlin couldn't hold a candle to Dan Marino's dingle berries..."

...wait, hold a candle to dingle berries...that might be painful...

on second thought, D-n M-rino and Brock Berlin are officially never to be mentioned in the same sentence. see evidence above of what happens when one tries to do so.

Hey, if Brock turns into a solid #3/practice squad QB that would be great for us. And maybe like someone said, turn him into a 4th/5th round pick some year.

bigmiamifan said:
Yea, having no OL and no WRs and an average running game had nothing to do with that I suppose :tantrum:
yeah, miami always has trouble recruiting good players. i can't even think of the last time a miami player was drafted...

Juan Cribbs said:
yeah, miami always has trouble recruiting good players. i can't even think of the last time a miami player was drafted...

Brock was awful early on at Miami. But he really started putting it all together his senior year. Just when he started having the ability to win games for us because of how comfortable he got in the system, our defense fell apart. In the second half of his senior year we lost games due to our defense, not Berlin.

I still say he's one of the best I've ever seen in a huury up offense out of the shotgun.

krazikarl said:
I don't care what kind of comparison was being made but I'm pretty sure, not 100% but about 99% certain, that Brock Berlin and Dan Marino should not be mentioned in the same sentence unless it is in the gist of "Brock Berlin couldn't hold a candle to Dan Marino's dingle berries..."

on second thought, D-n M-rino and Brock Berlin are officially never to be mentioned in the same sentence. see evidence above of what happens when one tries to do so.

Why not?

It's NOT saying something like "Brock Berlin has Dan Marino-like potential." It's saying that they are both pocket quarterbacks. To get angry at that is just being arrogant.

krazikarl said:

I found a sentance to use them in

Brock Berlin and Dan Marino have both never won a superbowl

Stop being so arrogant, its a comparison of them being pocket passers calm down

Jeeez, all he said he was a Dan Marino type. He even said beforehand he was a pass first QB. He never said he had that kind of potential and/or skill.

caneaddict said:
Brock was awful early on at Miami. But he really started putting it all together his senior year. Just when he started having the ability to win games for us because of how comfortable he got in the system, our defense fell apart. In the second half of his senior year we lost games due to our defense, not Berlin.

I still say he's one of the best I've ever seen in a huury up offense out of the shotgun.
berlin isn't accurate, he has a weak arm, bad mechanics, bad footwork, can't read a defense in a pro-style offense, no mobility, doesn't escape the pressure well, he's short. the only positives about him is that he's good in the shotgun, which most quarterbacks are. there's nothing about him at ALL that is worthy enough to keep him on a NFL roster, except the fact that he played at miami.

Juan Cribbs said:
berlin isn't accurate, he has a weak arm, bad mechanics, bad footwork, can't read a defense in a pro-style offense, no mobility, doesn't escape the pressure well, he's short. the only positives about him is that he's good in the shotgun, which most quarterbacks are. there's nothing about him at ALL that is worthy enough to keep him on a NFL roster, except the fact that he played at miami.

Except for the fact that he showed some promise in pre-season and is now in NFL Europe, with a chance to start and show his worth.

But nope, nothing worthy at all. :lol:

Brock will turn it something for us if and only if he has an amazing time in Europe and is able to learn the system and execute. He is a great undrafted free agent but not a great QB. He at the best will be a 3rd stringer, imo.

caneaddict said:

Totally agree.....He's got potential, as much as most of the Draftee.QB's..............give the guy a chance.

Phinz4Life said:
Except for the fact that he showed some promise in pre-season and is now in NFL Europe, with a chance to start and show his worth.

But nope, nothing worthy at all. :lol:
yeah, that's definitely some good evidence. showed some promise in preseason and is now in NFL Europse, with a CHANCE to start. can't wait to get him back in the states.

Juan Cribbs said:
yeah, that's definitely some good evidence. showed some promise in preseason and is now in NFL Europse, with a CHANCE to start. can't wait to get him back in the states.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like any big time QB's come from there, like Jake Dellhome.

I think one thing we know is that Saban has an eye for talent. There's obviously something in Berlin that they like and want to develop. This is a win-win situation. Worst case scenario is that they waive him again. However, if he does work out, he could get a roster spot.

I never knew which Brock was going to show up and my a-hole would pucker every time he was flushed out of the pocket and threw deep....

He reminded me of an inexperienced Jay Fiedler when protection failed.

Back
Top Bottom