Brock Jensen released, new QB being signed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Jensen released, new QB being signed

I can hold the 3rd string clip board for the minimum salary.

Hayden, I usually agree with you Dude, but by the same token what chance does this team really have with Matt Moore starting more then a week? Matt Moore is a career back up hack. Dig his stats from last year. Im not saying Devlin is the answer, but Moore certainly is not. I would rather have some diamond in rough who may have some upside. That is why you draft a QB in the late rounds. I would cut Moore and keep Devlin. Trust me no on is going to miss Matt Moore.

I would like to see a QB signed with a great deep ball that could be developed. The pickings are probably pretty slim right now. We will probably have to wait for the cuts.
My guess is that we go into the season with RT, Moore, and Devlin again. No need to waste a roster spot on a player that will definitely get cut.

Law of averages is way skewed in favor of keeping two QBs.

LD
I am a Gator. Ask me about 3rd string QBs and I will say the name "Skyler Mornhinweg". You will say "Who is that?"

i will replay "He's the 3rd string QB who got us to 4-7 and lost to Georgia Southern".

A team needs 3 QBs and ALL of them need to be good.

Hayden, I usually agree with you Dude, but by the same token what chance does this team really have with Matt Moore starting more then a week? Matt Moore is a career back up hack. Dig his stats from last year. Im not saying Devlin is the answer, but Moore certainly is not. I would rather have some diamond in rough who may have some upside. That is why you draft a QB in the late rounds. I would cut Moore and keep Devlin. Trust me no on is going to miss Matt Moore.

I think Matt Moore could be a very steady guy that with regular reps would be okay for the team.

Tannehill is the guy I want to see, but if he is injured I have loads of confidence in Moore. Moore barely played last year in the regular season and he has always been a rotten practice player.

I think he is an excellent back up and a pro's pro.

I'd take Pat White over Devlin. Pat looked pretty awesome in skins preseason games last year, a lot better than Devlin has ever looked vs scrubs.

I did see Devlin sink a perfectly thrown deep ball to win a preseason game late, and to pre-emptively deflect your argument, yes I'm aware that it was against third stringers. Which, btw, is all that White faced last year.

Maybe someday a team really impressed with Pat White's terrified tucking and running in actual regular season action will sign him so he can get that special single completed pass that eluded him so well as a QB.

The Newly Signed Fins QB is Seth Lobato from Northern Colorado:

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/7/28/5946231/dolphins-sign-qb-seth-lobato

"Lobato, a 6-foot-5, 229 product from Northern Colorado, was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts after going undrafted during May's selection process. He was waived on June 2 by Indianapolis.

As a senior at Nothern Colorado, Lobato threw for 2,725 yards and 16 touchdowns. In 2012, as a junior, he threw for 2,797 yards and earned Big Sky All-Conference honorable mention, with an additional 2,448 yards passing and 17 touchdowns as a sophomore, his first full year of play.

Prior to joining Northern Colorado, Lobato spent a year as a red-shirt freshman with the University of Colorado.

To make room for Lobato, the Dolphins have released fourth string quarterback Brock Jensen, again confirmed by Hirschhorn. Most likely, Lobato is simply a camp arm the Dolphins are hoping performs better than Jensen did. The best case scenario is he can come into camp and at least challenge Devlin for the third quarterback position."

Occasionally they have some decent guys coming out of Greeley and UNC. Vince Jackson went there.

That sucks, was rooting for him, liked his attitude.

Back
Top Bottom