Brock Lesnar | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Lesnar

Lukin

Colbert '08
Reaction score
Let's give him a try at RG! :lol:

:jk:

I watched wrestlemania last night and all the fans were giving him hell cause they knew he was leaving. They were chanting "you sold out" during his match and singing that stupid na na na na hey hey good bye song. It was quite funny.

You guys think he'll make it in the NFL? I heard he had a try out w/ the vikings.

No way in hell this guy makes it. Even on the off chance all those fancy muscles are legit, he hasnt played football in years. This aint no rehersed dance with scripted falls.

This meathead should stick to sports entertainment, where the "atheletes" like Hulk Hogan can wrestle well into their 70's or whatever.

Did he ever play football? I thought he just wrestled in college. He probably couldn't pass an NFL drug test any way.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
No way in hell this guy makes it. Even on the off chance all those fancy muscles are legit, he hasnt played football in years. This aint no rehersed dance with scripted falls.

This meathead should stick to sports entertainment, where the "atheletes" like Hulk Hogan can wrestle well into their 70's or whatever.

C'mmon, that is so ignorant. This guy is an NCAA heavyweight amateur national champ. He would kick your a** all over the place. Just because he's an entertainer and in pro wrestling doesn't make him less of an athlete.

He as an All-American in high school, thats it that i know of

Originally posted by Mondo_Man

C'mmon, that is so ignorant. This guy is an NCAA heavyweight amateur national champ. He would kick your a** all over the place. Just because he's an entertainer and in pro wrestling doesn't make him less of an athlete.

And didnt the guy who beat him end up as roster-fodder for the Patriots?

Even if he IS a good wrestler physically, there is a difference between being talented in FOOTBALL and being talented in Greco-Roman wrestling.

Pro Wrestling requires you to be an athelete, but it's different from football. There is a difference between a 10 minute match in which your job is to LOOK good while doing a pre-planned routine with the other guys cooperation then playing on average 30 minutes on the field with a guy who isnt acting.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

And didnt the guy who beat him end up as roster-fodder for the Patriots?

Even if he IS a good wrestler physically, there is a difference between being talented in FOOTBALL and being talented in Greco-Roman wrestling.

Pro Wrestling requires you to be an athelete, but it's different from football. There is a difference between a 10 minute match in which your job is to LOOK good while doing a pre-planned routine with the other guys cooperation then playing on average 30 minutes on the field with a guy who isnt acting.

Okay. As a wrestling fan I feel the need to intervene.:lol:

In pro wrestling, yes, the Dialogue is scripted and the OUTCOME of the matches are pre-determined. But, the physical punishment that the wrestlers endure is very real. And some matches can last 20-30 minutes nowadays. I took wrestling training once... for like a week. It's very painful and demanding. There's no way to "learn how to land" It hurts every damn time.
So, there's no doubt in my mind that he can physically endure the NFL. My only question is does he possess the natural skills it takes to play football.

cubanbadguy, if you're trying to acrue more points, i'd be happy to donate some to you....

I was noticing cuban was using smileys in every thread...lol trying to get a highlighted name or something??

This guy tried to get a try-out with the Vikings, but Mike Tice just laughed and said NO WaY!! I am soory i could not find the link but I did read this somewhere!!

Originally posted by Mondo_Man

A guy with a Ric Flair avatar would almost have to have that POV, eh? ;)

Lesnar is, by any stretch of the imagination, an extraordinarily talented athlete. Note the lack of quote marks; he is a bona fide athlete. Anyone who wins an NCAA championship for Greco-Roman wrestling has earned that title whatever you think of pro wrestling.

But does that success translate to football? I'm not so sure. Even if Lesnar played in high school, I'm pretty sure he didn't in college. No matter how strong and agile he is (and he has both strength and agility in spades), whatever technique he once had would be buried in rust. It's an entirely different skill set that he would have to employ, and I just don't think he could make it as a football player.

Heck, look at Michael Jordan. Many would call him the greatest athlete of all time, and he couldn't hack it in AA baseball, and baseball is a far less complex sport than football in terms of what the players are doing.

Back
Top Bottom