Brock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock

king saben

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you think the chances of brock making the team next year. I think he did real good in the preseason granted it was against 3rd and 4th string players.

king saben said:
What do you think the chances of brock making the team next year. I think he did real good in the preseason granted it was against 3rd and 4th string players.

I know someone has probably said this to you before but its SABAN. I think Brock could be a third string QB in the league and our team as well... I would be reaching if I said a back up... but who knows.

Brock has a higher chance than last year. Thing is, whether or not we land Brees is the thing.

If we land Drew Brees, Gus Frerotte would most definitely get cut. Cleo Lemon would then be our second string (Sage Rosenfels is a free agent by the time FA period starts. As of right now, there's no interest of resigning Sage). Brock Berlin would then be our third stringer, provided Saban doesn't draft a quarterback.

I think his chances are VERY slim. The Phins are in the market for two QBs this offseason through FA IMO. Obviously they are getting a starter, but I think they'll also bring in a veteran backup (maybe Gus or Tommy Maddox), then you have Cleo Lemon, and a QB from the draft. I read an article the other day saying that the Phins will probably carry four Qbs next year, I just don't see a spot for Brock. It would be a waste of a six round pick if you let him unseat Cleo Lemon JMO. Saban promised him that the team would resign him and allocate him to Europe. He'll be here in preseason, but I don't know if it will be much more than that.

Back
Top Bottom