Brooks Foster? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks Foster?

jwiley3493

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Whats Brooks Foster's story? I think I read somewhere last year he was on somone's list of top 5 practice squad players who would make an impact in the next few years. I just looked up his stats and such and he had a 4.45 Avg 40 time (Low was 4.37, high was 4.56) and he had 27 reps. Any chance he makes a play for something more than a practice squad spot this year?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33367&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

One of the 3 reasons that I fell in love with TJ Yates(the other two being Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Tate). The guy is big and fast. Butch Davis knows how to find receivers. Foster could be a great #4 and maybe a good number 2 some day. He offers the speed to stretch the field a bit and he has good size. I liked him more than Brandon Tate but I guess nobody else did.

Foster Brooks??? Wasn't he that drunk guy on those old Dean Martin Roast shows?

He will get his shot in camp. They signed him to a futures contract for a reason.

BTW, those 27 reps were the combine record until this year Greg Little tied him. This kid is fast and strong.

He obviously needs to get it done in his head and his heart.

He was a mid round pick. It's not really stretching things to expect him to improve enough to make a roster.

With this new offensive system, maybe we carry more WR's this year than in the past year or two.

I wouldlove to see him and others get a real shot.
I think anyone after Bess, Marshall and Gates will not be safe this year.

Anybody who is 6'1" 200lbs and can run a 4.3 forty deserves a decent shot. Julius Pruitt is similarly sized and runs a 4.4 flat. Roberto Wallace is Marshall's size and runs a high 4.4, which is blazing fast for someone his size. Frankly, given the state of our backfield (we'll have four backs max, if we tender Hilliard and Sheets and sign an FA), I can see us carrying all seven receivers on the active roster. I'll run the average 40 times for our receivers, but I'm confident it's going to be in the 4.4 range, which is freaking fast for an entire corp.

Could you imagine a speed personnel grouping? Talk about taking the talking the top off of defenses.

Here are the official 40 times from either the combine or pro day of each receiver.

Brandon Marshall - 4.57
Brian Hartline - 4.49
Davone Bess - 4.64
Edmond Gates - 4.37*
Julius Pruitt - 4.40
Roberto Wallace - 4.48
Marion Moore - 4.49
Brooks Foster - 4.39

Average time = 4.47*

Asterisk indicates a timed run while injured, healthy 40 time could be as much as half a second faster.

Here are the official 40 times from either the combine or pro day of each receiver.

Brandon Marshall - 4.57
Brian Hartline - 4.49
Davone Bess - 4.64
Edmond Gates - 4.37*
Julius Pruitt - 4.40
Roberto Wallace - 4.48
Marion Moore - 4.49
Brooks Foster - 4.39

Average time = 4.47*

Asterisk indicates a timed run while injured, healthy 40 time could be as much as half a second faster.
I see your point but a half a second? a 3.87 40? I think you meant a half a tenth faster.

Back
Top Bottom