Brown and Suggs to split carries? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown and Suggs to split carries?

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7178/news

I read here the KFFL is reporting that the Dolphins may go back to a "split carry" system. I would rather see it be split more like 20-8 or so depending on how many running plays we call. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Sep 16 Alex Marvez and William Lucey, of the Sun-Sentinel, report Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban hinted that Dolphins RB Lee Suggs would receive significant playing time serving as RB Ronnie Brown's backup. Saban said Suggs is much more prepared to play Sunday, Sept. 17, after having joined the team off waivers from Cleveland almost two weeks ago. "I think we will use (Suggs) more in a two-back role similar to what we did a year ago," said Saban, referring to the Brown-RB Ricky Williams tandem that was effective in 2005.

I like this but then again i dont...

its good because you can rest ronnie, give him a couple of breaks...but Ronnie is a rhythm back..he needs alot of carries to get warmed up

i trust Saban though..1,2 punch baby :yes:

I like whatever helps us win ballgames. As much as I want to see Ronnie light it up this year, if him getting 18 carries and Suggs getting 13 helps us win, so be it.

whatever helps the team win, i am sure ronnie is not for stats anyway i mean he seems like a very humble person and is willing to do whatever it takes to win

305TillIDie said:
I like this but then again i dont...

its good because you can rest ronnie, give him a couple of breaks...but Ronnie is a rhythm back..he needs alot of carries to get warmed up

i trust Saban though..1,2 punch baby :yes:

That's it right there, hell yeah!!!!!

i think ronnie will get more not saying suggs dosent get any but ronnie will get at least 65 to 70% we need to get him in the game!

dont get me wrong i do like the idea though its what i think and im glad we have some help for ronnie but nick knows ronnie needs some work and he will get it

I want Ronnie to get 90% of the carries damn it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vertical Limit said:
I want Ronnie to get 90% of the carries damn it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ronnie will be the main guy, just like when Ricky came back, same scenario.

You guys got to understand... Ronnie was the only RB to carry the ball vs. the Steelers.

Suggs will get carries... but not even close to 50/50...

Ronnie will be the man Suggs is not a threat to take more than 5-10 carries at the most...Ronnie will still get all the third down and goal line stuff and when the game is close it will RB no doubt.

Well I'm just saying that in the article Saban said it is likely to be similar to last year which was about a dead even 15-15 split. That would be ridiculous if that was the case, but I highly doubt it happens. I still see about 22-8 or so. Plus, Ronnie is my fantasy back. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom