Brutal week for the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brutal week for the AFC East

Crisis

Hair Crisis!
Reaction score
Jags @ Jets - If the Jags D can contain Manning, then Pennyarm is going to have a rough day. Going to be a close, defensive struggle. I think the Jets pull this one with a banged up Leftwich in the Meadowlands.

Pats @ Steelers - Ouch. What a brutal game after a tough Carolina loss. Big Ben looks like a new QB this year, and Willie Parker has posted 3 straight 100 yard games. I think the Pats end up 1-3 after this week...But the way they respond after losses, I'm worried about them pulling this one out. Should be a very close game.

Falcons @ Bills - Vick doesn't scare me at all in the pocket. The Falcons WRs don't scare me at all. Warrick Dunn doesn't scare me at all. The Falcons run D doesn't scare me at all. If the Bills can contain Vick, the home field advantage and McGahee should help the Bills pull out the W.

Panthers @ Dolphins - Panthers. In some weird way I might be pulling for the Dolphins because I hate to see any team with a .500 record or better against the East but I just think the Panthers D is too much for your O. Steve Smith will be the difference in this game IMO. The only way I see a Dolphins win is if the Panthers are too high off a Pats win at home last week.

Projected AFC East Stats:

Jets - 2-1 (1-0)
Bills - 2-1 (0-0)
Pats - 1-2 (0-0)
Dolphins - 1-2 (0-1)

Crisis said:
Jags @ Jets - If the Jags D can contain Manning, then Pennyarm is going to have a rough day. Going to be a close, defensive struggle. I think the Jets pull this one with a banged up Leftwich in the Meadowlands.

Pats @ Steelers - Ouch. What a brutal game after a tough Carolina loss. Big Ben looks like a new QB this year, and Willie Parker has posted 3 straight 100 yard games. I think the Pats end up 1-3 after this week...But the way they respond after losses, I'm worried about them pulling this one out. Should be a very close game.

Falcons @ Bills - Vick doesn't scare me at all in the pocket. The Falcons WRs don't scare me at all. Warrick Dunn doesn't scare me at all. The Falcons run D doesn't scare me at all. If the Bills can contain Vick, the home field advantage and McGahee should help the Bills pull out the W.

Panthers @ Dolphins - Panthers. In some weird way I might be pulling for the Dolphins because I hate to see any team with a .500 record or better against the East but I just think the Panthers D is too much for your O. Steve Smith will be the difference in this game IMO. The only way I see a Dolphins win is if the Panthers are too high off a Pats win at home last week.

Jets - 2-2 (1-0)
Bills - 2-2 (0-0)
Pats - 1-2 (0-0)
Dolphins - 1-2 (0-1)

you were DOMINATED by the Bucs but somehow you will beat the falcons :rolleyes:
don`t be a homer!
atlthough I agree the Panthers might be too much for my fins :(

If you can't beat the Bucs, then how in the world do you think you can beat the Falcons? Vick is a threat to every team and there defense is really good.

Ace88 said:
If you can't beat the Bucs, then how in the world do you think you can beat the Falcons? Vick is a threat to every team and there defense is really good.

Because were at home? And Michael Vick might not play?

Crisis said:

Jets - 2-2 (1-0)
Bills - 2-2 (0-0)
Pats - 1-2 (0-0)
Dolphins - 1-2 (0-1)
Do the Jets and Bills play a doubleheader on Sunday? :lol:

Jags @ Jets: Jags offense has not impressed. The Jets D will keep them in this game. Will be low scoring and close, but Chad will get something done and a 13-10 win.

Pats @ Steelers: Pats are great at coming back from a tough loss or have been in the past. Somehow, I think they pull it together again and win in the last couple of minutes of the game. 21-20

Falcons @ Bills: Good D vs. Vick? Advantage Bills for being at home, but if they don't contain him, they are going to get burned. Not sure Losman is up for the duties though. Bills win 13-12.

Panthers @ Dolphins: Dolphins D is not up for this if they couldn't stop the Jets. Panthers D is also tough. 23-17 Panthers win.

Jets - 2-1 (1-0)
Bills - 2-1 (0-0)
Pats - 2-1 (0-0)
Dolphins - 1-2 (0-1)

BZ

Crisis said:

Jets - 2-2 (1-0)
Bills - 2-2 (0-0)
Pats - 1-2 (0-0)
Dolphins - 1-2 (0-1)

How do the steelers get the pats at home 2 years in a row. Tell me that not lucky.

I agree with every game except the Bills. Falcons are coming off a loss and you dont just need to contain Vick, you need to contain Vick, Duckett, and Dunn.

WILLIS21 said:
And Michael Vick might not play?

Key word, MIGHT. If Vick doesnt play, then Buffalo should have an easy win. If Vick DOES play, its a different story.

Vick "might" not play because of problems with his legs......AKA he's not gonna be able to play like Vick.

If you take away his mobility we'll kill him.

We didn't match up well with the Bucs, who have also owned the Falcons in the past.

I think we match up great with the Falcons. We have the personnel to contain Vick IMO. Defensive ends with motors and good-great LBs. Our secondary can handle anything the Falcon WRs will throw at us.

Dunn is an average back IMO, and Duckett is as well. The only way Dunn might hurt is in the passing game.

Crisis said:
We didn't match up well with the Bucs, who have also owned the Falcons in the past.

I think we match up great with the Falcons. We have the personnel to contain Vick IMO. Defensive ends with motors and good-great LBs. Our secondary can handle anything the Falcon WRs will throw at us.

Dunn is an average back IMO, and Duckett is as well. The only way Dunn might hurt is in the passing game.

I don't think that's the point. I think people are questioning whether or not the Bills offense can get it going with Losman running the show. I don't care who your playing, if you can only manage 3 points a game, you're going to lose.

I happen to believe the Bills have the best defense in football, but unless the Oline/McGahee get their act together Losman is going to be lost, especially against a solid defense in Atlanta.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't think that's the point. I think people are questioning whether or not the Bills offense can get it going with Losman running the show. I don't care who your playing, if you can only manage 3 points a game, you're going to lose.

I happen to believe the Bills have the best defense in football, but unless the Oline/McGahee get their act together Losman is going to be lost, especially against a solid defense in Atlanta.

You can be sure that Falon defense will be in Losmans face all game! And you can't gameplan for Vick, he makes things up on the fly!

Jets over Jags
Bills over Falcons
Steelers over Pats
Panthers over Dolphins

Jets 2-1
Bills 2-1
Pats 1-2
Dolphins 1-2

Crisis said:

Your dead wrong about Dunn. Their running game is gonna pound on you all day. Tough game for me to call though only because the Buffalo chips are at home.

Jets over Jags (hate to say)
Falcons over Bills (Bills O vs. Falcons D means trouble)
Steelers over Pats (Although NE might bounce back BIG TIME)
Dolphins over Panthers (Unlikely but I never predict against Fins)

The end of a Dynasty starts here...

Pitt over NE
Bills over ATL
Phins over CAR...on a FG..how Ironic...
Jets over Jax

Back
Top Bottom