Bryan Robinson Crucial for This Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Robinson Crucial for This Game

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With TimBo out for the game, all of the pressure of stopping the run will fall on this guy's shoulders. Our entire defense and in turn our entire offense is predicated on our ability to stop the run. Jeff Zganina is only a third down DT. He can't take the pounding on 1st and 2nd down he's just too lite. I saw some flashes from Robinson last week though and I think this guy can be very good. He had almost no practice and likely was shooting the wrong gap last week which explains some of the mistakes we had (Robinson shoots left gap and Seau goes left too leaving the right gap open). I suspect with a week of work, we'll get that stuff worked out. Robinson is a solid veteran who's been playing for 7 years. This may turn out to be one of the best signings of the year. When Tim does come back, Robinson will be the third DT.

---

On offense, it will be interesting to see what happens with McIntosh. He's clearly one of the top three linemen on our roster so the question becomes: who does he replace. Right now, given St. Clair's tender ankle, I insert McIntosh into the RT spot and let St. Clair heal.

I w/say the him and Chester need to hold the middle down for Zach and Co. and make Palmer have to pass for 1st downs. Get run on on the road is automatic doom. Conversely, we need to duplicate what the Jets did ag Cincy on O

yeah our run D will be critical, force bengals into passsing downs to get some pressure on the young guy... im confident week by week that our team on both sides of the ball will get better and better with more practice time as a unit, so i think we'll be aight this week vs cincy

Back
Top Bottom