Bryan Robinson: looks like we picked up a good one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Robinson: looks like we picked up a good one

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
First, he is a defensive tackle who can play defensive end, not the other way around as has been indicated on other threads.

Second, his release by the Bears is a shocker and is being roundly criticized by his former teammates, who respected his big-play ability. :eek:

You have to register to read, but it's free and it's worth it to learn about this good acquisition.

Linkage:

Unkindest cut of all: Robinson

Players hurt and stunned by Robinson cut

And we now have the deepest D line in the league. Tell me if another team can sport this kind of talent:

DE -- JT, J. Williams

DT -- T. Bowens, B. Robinson

DT -- Chester, Zgonina

DE -- D. Bowens, C. Ahanotu

Wait till you see O lines trying to deal with the rotations in the 4th quarter. That'll be a blast.

That's true, though...No one should really be able to run anything through us...THey're gonna have to try and run around us.

Robinson was let go for salary cap reasons. I think they probably felt they needed to cut somebody on the DL with all the money they're spending on Ogunleye, and Robinson was the "oldest" player on the line.

BringBackShula said:
That's true, though...No one should really be able to run anything through us...THey're gonna have to try and run around us.
I sure hope so because from what I've seen in the preseason, nobody will have any problem running right through us. I realize that TimBo and Chester didn't play much, but holy crap was the run defense horrible.

lol ummm our d-line isnt as great as you say it is. Its good but not the best in the league. We have only ONE good d-end. The other 3 are just average... nothing special. Tim-bo and larry chester are great... but their backups.... Zgonina is old.... and Robinson... well he seems to be a good aquisition.

check that... JT is great... consistently rated #1 DE in the league...

The Bears only saved about $1.5 million this year by cutting Robinson, so I'm not sure it was solely for cap reasons. The biggest reason most likely is that they drafted DTs in the first and second round this year and want to get those kids as much playing time as possible. Having watched many bears games, he's a nice pickup since Timbo isn't healthy and he'd be fine to insert in the starting lineup if needed, but he's far from being a pro bowl caliber player.

How funny would it be if he lined up at DE and got 10 sacks. Being he was released because of Ogun.

Two reasons why Robinson was cut by the Bears:

1. His cap number

2. Lovie Smith has been saying all along that he does not like big players. He would rather smaller stronger younger players then a guy like Robinson who is an older bigger man. If Robinson was on any other team going into the final cuts, I bet he would still be on those teams. This is a good pickup.

With the uncertainty of the health of TimBo's knees and back, B-Rob may soon be spending some time as a starting DT. If TimBo is able to play at his acustomed level, then the base defense may be best suited to stop the run with B-Rob as the LDE, where he spent the early part of his stay in Chicago and has the most amt of playing time.
However he is utilized, I agree we got a good player here, and one with starting experience at all four line spots. Last year was the first where he was exclusively a DT.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/teamRosterDetails.jsp?id=350

Back
Top Bottom