Bryant Mckinnie will be the "big" signing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Mckinnie will be the "big" signing

Playmaker76

Active Roster
Reaction score
He was released by Minnesota yesterday for coming to camp out of shape. He fits the bifectas criteria. He was born in Jersey. He is an O-lineman. He played college ball at the U and will get the fans hyped. Vernon took a paycut because he was told they needed the money to make a "big" move. Vernon was probably told that big signing would be his former UM O-line teammate that would play next to him at right tackle. I expect this signing to happen by the weekend.

He was released by Minnesota yesterday for coming to camp out of shape. He fits the bifectas criteria. He was born in Jersey. He is an O-lineman. He played college ball at the U and will get the fans hyped. Vernon took a paycut because he was told they needed the money to make a "big" move. Vernon was probably told that big signing would be his former UM O-line teammate that would play next to him at right tackle. I expect this signing to happen by the weekend.

Does he like corn

Honestly, McKinnie at RT wouldn't be a bad move. Way better than Columbo.

At RT might be worth it if he gets in shape, which he says he will no prob. hmmm. Certainly like that better than what he was at LT last year. Maybe RT will be good for him by his old buddy.

Still not our greatest need though. I keep hoping somethings brewing for Palmer....but I doubt it.

Let me tell you dudes something about Bryant...

He is definitely out of shape. But if you don't think that this dude would come here and utilize Andreu Swasey at the Hecht Center in Coral Gables to get back into shape QUICK...you're just uniformed.

It's different at The U. You see all of these former players in the NFL come back offseason after offseason and put in tremendous amounts of work. It's just part of the Hurricane family. Call me a homer if you want but it's 110% fact. You get the dude on the cheap...low risk high rewards. Beef up that line.

Let me tell you dudes something about Bryant...

He is definitely out of shape. But if you don't think that this dude would come here and utilize Andreu Swasey at the Hecht Center in Coral Gables to get back into shape QUICK...you're just uniformed.

It's different at The U. You see all of these former players in the NFL come back offseason after offseason and put in tremendous amounts of work. It's just part of the Hurricane family. Call me a homer if you want but it's 110% fact. You get the dude on the cheap...low risk high rewards. Beef up that line.

I'm on board with that

Both McKinnie and Max Starks are interesting prospects at RT.

However, keep in mind that the moving of Carey to RG is radical at this stage of his career. They may feel they already have an excellent prospect at RT.

Gardner,Kopa, Murtha, James Marten.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Kopa is a real keeper. He was expected to be a mid round pick a couple years ago before he was sidelined with an injury his senior year.

This could actually be a smart move for the offensive line, the question is , can Nate Garner play LG? Thats assuming he is our best option.

Vet minimum and I'm on board. The worst thing that could happen is that we cut him in favor of a rookie that outshines him. The best thing that could happen is he drops 40lbs and becomes determined to enter FA next year as a top Tackle. Could you imagine the Bulk of the right side of the line(700lbs) between him and Carey??? lets do it!!!

Well, you could almost guarentee its someone cornfed, so this is as good a guess as anyone could have.

McKinnie hasn't been worth a damn in years (regardless of any undeserved Pro Bowl selections). He's out of shape and lacks proper motivation. He's really never been good--he's allowed 7.2 sacks per season over his career.

Back
Top Bottom