Bryant McKinnnie to Miami in 2008? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnnie to Miami in 2008?

All the pieces seem to be in place for that to happen which probably means it wont happen.

We dont know if Speilman has any resentment towards the Dolphins.He seems to be the type of person who would bite off his nose to spite his face.

Anyway its fun to speculate on it.

Nice writeup by CK as usual.

There is some misinformation in this article.

Ronnie Brown23 said:
Bryant McKinnie was not the guy the team wanted, and the ensuing contract negotiations reflected it. They attempted to lowball McKinnie into accepting a contract with millions less than the man picked one slot after him.

It is true The Vikes wanted Sims and they got lucky they did not get their card in on time. It is not true they offered McKinnie millions less than Roy Williams (picked by Dallas with the next pick). McKinnie was offered a deal equal to or just slightly less than what Williams got. McKinnie (rightly IMO) held out for a bigger deal but there was not a differnce in millions of dollars. McKinnie may have been bitter but nearly everyone involved on managements side in those negotiations (including the owner) are now gone.

Ronnie Brown23 said:
The team and McKinney agreed on a contract that expires after the 2007 season.

McKinnie can void his deal after this season.

Ronnie Brown23 said:
Most recently, the Vikings have negotiated a restricted free agent contract with left guard Steve Hutchinson containing a poison pill clause that would result in the entire contract becoming guaranteed if he is not the most highly paid offensive lineman on the team. The deal will put an automatic roof on any contract negotiations between McKinnie and the team.

Hutchinsons contract calls for him to be the highest paid lineman on the team this year or his entire contract becomes guaranteed. There are no limits on what the Vikes could offer McKinnie next year.

Ronnie Brown23 said:
There is also the infamous 'Love Boat' scandal to consider. McKinnie was on the boat and eyewitnesses claim they saw him performing oral sex on a naked stripper. Daunte Culpepper, according to his own testimony, as well as that of a witness, was present on the cruise as well but stayed in the back of the boat shooting craps all night. According to testimony of Culpepper and a witness, he never received so much as a lap dance. If Culpepper's fortunes could go from so high to so low in part for just being at the party, how will the team react to McKinnie's more direct involvement, and subsequent plea bargain?

Daunte Culpepper was not traded because of the Love Boat scandal. I am not going to rehash the whole Daunte trade but the Love Boat scandal was a very very minor part of the decision to trade him. I don't see the Love Boat having much of an effect on wether McKinnie is back or not.

Ronnie Brown23 said:
Given his past history with the club, his affinity for the Miami area, the presence of the Hutchinson deal, his involvement in the 'Love Boat' scandal, and his recent public disillusionment over the Moss and Culpepper trades, my crystal ball shows me Bryant McKinnie wearing aqua and orange at the very latest by 2008, with a strong possibility for a trade or release by 2007. The Dolphins recently signed L.J. Shelton to a modest three-year contract, but his career play should not discourage the team for finding a franchise bookend when one falls in their laps.

My best guess is McKinnie signs an extension before this season or the Vikes Franchise him next year. Of course I could be wrong but that is the way I see it.

Back
Top Bottom