Bryce Petty Released By Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryce Petty Released By Jets

Petty had a good shot at becoming a starter but his record and completion percentage doomed him. No thanks.

No chance. If Brock Osweiler got hurt in training camp, I might feel differently.

Full steam ahead with the guys we have.

No chance. If Brock Osweiler got hurt in training camp, I might feel differently.

Full steam ahead with the guys we have.

With Tannehill coming off an injury you're going to need a 4th arm in camp Fales and Osweiler aren't enough.

Petty had a good shot at becoming a starter but his record and completion percentage doomed him. No thanks.

Maybe doomed him as a starter potential, but we're talking about a backup role maybe 3rd string. If you can have a qb that was considered starting material as a deep backup that's not a bad thing, even if he failed as a starter.

We definitely need another camp arm for sure, wish we had signed Quinton Flowers for that purpose. I would've liked to let him play QB this year while I examined what position he'd be most suited to switch too.

I can't say I know much about any of the other QB's who went undrafted other than Barrett. And as Ohio State fan i can tell you I didn't want him throwing passes for the Miami Dolphins, even in practice.

There's no question someone needs to join the current trio and he's really not the worst option.

Not sure if you’re serious but I don’t even want to waste a camp spot on a QB who couldn’t beat out Christian Hackenberg.
Absolutely.....

It costs little to bring him and de-brief him, like Bellecheat would do, use his arm for camp and say bye....

Okay, all you wringing your hands over the Fins not drafting Rudolph- maybe you can ask the FO to go snag Petty....

comparing their jr and sr years where they both played in Big 12:

Rudolph: 6'4 235lbs 76th pick
Petty: 6'3 230lbs 103rd pick

Rudolph: '16: 10-3 AP #11
'17 10-3 AP #14

Petty: '13 11-2 B12 champ AP 13
'14 11-2 B12 co-champ AP 7

(following stats are combined averages of their jr and sr year)

Rudolph: 4,322 yds; 64.2%; 32/7; qbr 165

Petty: 4,028 yds; 62.6%; 31/5 qbr 166

Rudolph: 47yds rush 8TD .7ypc
Petty: 155yds rush 10TD 1.7ypc

Rudolph might be all that. or he might be Bryce Petty. and hey, maybe Petty still has a good future.

I dont blame Gase for wanting to add other pieces to the team while sticking at QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom