Bua Dissapointing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua Dissapointing...

Float On 74

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Bua dissapointed me last night but hey what the hell its only the first pre-season game..but on the other hand Pope amazed me...what do you guys think?

I didn't see the game but checking the stats on NFL.com...

Bua was listed as having 3 solo tackles and assisting on 2
Pope was listed as having 2 solo tackles and assisting on 4

With limited playing time, I wouldn't call Bua a dissapointment. Pope may have appeared to have a better game because he was around the ball more gang tackling, while Bua was making the tackles by himself. This is mearly speculation, once again, i did not see the game...

to the contrary...i watched the game and it seemed that Pope was outperformed by Bua. Bua knocked somebody's helmet off if i remember correctly.

the only person that i remember took off a persons helmet was yeremiah bell...bua was burnt on punt and juked out on a screen he also blew his coverage early and allowed a deep ball, although he was able to make the tackle..aggie, you cant judge a persons play by stats, but if i would have only seen the stats i probly would have said the same as you

Oops guess that was bell. Bua didn't do bad. Just gotta give him a little time. I'm sure Marino didn't look good his first preseason game of his rookie season. Put it into perspective man, guys fresh outta college. Used to hitting little twerps. Only here the twerps are much bigger. He'll be fine. He's got fire. You can't teach that.

On one play, Bua was running step for step with a tailback and batted down a pass.... i repeat, a LB was running step to step with a tailback.. Of course, he's a converted safety, but still! He's a fast, agressive cat. He also had a very nice open field tackle on a screen pass, i believe.

For his NFL debut, I thought he had a fine performance. Just build on it.

holy cow what did you want him to do the first game of his career?

Both did well but Pope looked better.

also remember, Bua hurt his knee during the game but he was playing through it. I'm not sure if the TV broadcast cought that or not... He's also tough.. It wasn't serious btw so dont worry.

minus said:
Both did well but Pope looked better.

Ididnt get to see much action last night but it seems to me based on reports that Bua is going to be a special teams demon and has instincts and talent but Pope is a real MLB.
i would say that Pope as it stands right now is a poor mans Zach and Bua is a rich mans Larry Izzo. which means rick spielman scored big with these two.

Dolfan73 said:
Oops guess that was bell. Bua didn't do bad. Just gotta give him a little time. I'm sure Marino didn't look good his first preseason game of his rookie season. Put it into perspective man, guys fresh outta college. Used to hitting little twerps. Only here the twerps are much bigger. He'll be fine. He's got fire. You can't teach that.

i believe wannstedt said they love Bua and has everything but they just want to keep his attitude tempered so that he doesnt over do it and miss plays becuase he gets out of control.

that ex fiance pic in his wall locker is probably making coaches wonder a little. :D

inFINSible said:
Bua looked small to me. Too small.
I agree Infins, I've been saying this now for a while, I see Bua as a strong safety not a linebacker.................................

Back
Top Bottom