Bua Dissapointing... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua Dissapointing...

minus said:
Both did well but Pope looked better.

I agree. Pope looked far more polished and "NFL-ready". Bua looked great in coverage WAY downfield on that RB. But he also got beat by the TE a few plays later.

Can't go by stats on this one. Pople was visually better.

I was at the game. Bua played okay. He didn't excel but he has a nose for the ball. Her mde a few plays and I don't recall him getting beat. So my review would be he played "solid".

How can anyone be disappointed for a fifth round pick? You guys just get ahead of yourselves sometimes watching these practices and keep thinking these draft picks are our saving miracle. If these guys make the team and contribute it is a success.

Im not a big arturo freeman fan so i was thinking.. do you guys think Bua would be a good FS?..isnt that what he played in college?...

Bua should stay at LB. All he has to do is regain some weight and continue to learn and mature. You can never have too many aggressive, instinctive LBs with speed. Remember, Zach and Junior are in their 30s. And Greenwood will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Time to groom some replacements.

Float On 74 said:
Im not a big arturo freeman fan so i was thinking.. do you guys think Bua would be a good FS?..isnt that what he played in college?...

One season at safety, the other three at LB.

I thought Bua had a good game except for a couple of plays. Pope did look good but I thought Bua was better. Great to see Dolphin Football again. :up:

zach thomas is small as well, turned out to be one of the best. And true stats don't tell the whole story, but for a guy who led the team in tackles he sure "seemed" good. He may not have looked as good as Pope, but he beat the rest of the ENTIRE DEFENSE in tackles.

pretty good for a non-polished, rookie 5th rounder who is "too small", eh?
(looking at the upside)

you wanna use tackle stats to prove how good he was?

I'm pretty sure he had more playing time than any LBer out there last night....

I said he looks too small because he LOOKS too small....He looks smaller than Zach AND Pope.

inFINSible said:
you wanna use tackle stats to prove how good he was?

I'm pretty sure he had more playing time than any LBer out there last night....

I said he looks too small because he LOOKS too small....He looks smaller than Zach AND Pope.

He looked like Zach out there to me.

Float On 74 said:
Bua dissapointed me last night but hey what the hell its only the first pre-season game..but on the other hand Pope amazed me...what do you guys think?

Bua was all over the place, and made several nice tackles.

He did take a bad angle on a pass play, and was the blocker on the blocked punt, but he did not disapoint me.

I saw him running stride for stride with a Rb, who ran a post pattern on him. Bua turned around and could have probably made an Int, but he knocked it down instead.

Back
Top Bottom