Buccaneers laid down the blueprint for beating the saints | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers laid down the blueprint for beating the saints

MarshallFin1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I watched the bucs vs saints game couple weeks ago and I think I saw just what it takes to beat this team. While the bucs offense struggled, there Defense alone almost won them the game. They played the saints extremely physical, getting hits on brees, laying the smackdown on any WR who tried to catch the ball. Some of them were in fact head hits yes but still effected the saints offense heavily. I think tampa picked the right times to blitz, and didn't blitz often. Played a zone on key 3rd downs, confusing brees with different defenses. Eventually after I think 3 quarters of hard nosed football in a close game, brees broke down and had thrown an interception for a long 60+ yard TD run back by the bucs. Revis held the long ball in check which the saints tried and failed. Saints than tried the running game and went no where. If it wasn't for tampas awful offense they would have easily beaten the saints. Get pressure with your front 4, lay back in a zone and wait for brees to throw picks. Blitz occassianally when in man coverage and see if we rattle brees a couple of times. Get him out of his comfort zone. This Dolphins team has what It takes, but we cant let the saints run on us like Atlanta did. We have a resilient team but we need to start out fast this time, drew brees will pick u apart if the saints get a lead.

The Bucs did give Brees quite a game, and if Josh Freeman weren't so pathetic they probably would have won that game. I do think you named the gameplan for beating just about any QB in the league though, every d-coordinator aims to do what you said except maybe vary the blitzing.

The Bucs did give Brees quite a game, and if Josh Freeman weren't so pathetic they probably would have won that game. I do think you named the gameplan for beating just about any QB in the league though, every d-coordinator aims to do what you said except maybe vary the blitzing.

My point is though, we sure didn't do any of that against the falcons, and if we plan to have any chance at all against brees we better get to him.

I think having Grimes in our secondary will be huge as he knows Brees having played for the Falcons. I am all for signing Grimes to a long term deal to stay in Miami. Fins up and kicking ass on Monday Night!

I wonder how much of that was attributable to Revis. Having a corner who can shut down half the field on the outside can give you the flexibility to do a whole lot elsewhere on defense and disrupt a passing game.

I wonder how much of that was attributable to Revis. Having a corner who can shut down half the field on the outside can give you the flexibility to do a whole lot elsewhere on defense and disrupt a passing game.
Agreed bro with Davis and Taylor back and Patterson out i think we can hang with Drew. We have to be careful on blitzing and not giving it away. I think if we can get pressure without blitzing it will be in our favor. This will be a lot better than last nights game.

Grimes is a fairly capable player too, and while there's nothing comparable to Revis Island at its prime, week two was his second game back and the Bucs certainly weren't gameplanning for him to cover half the field himself. Revis himself was somewhat disgruntled at not being trusted enough in this regard, so I doubt it was a dominant part of the gameplan.

My point is though, we sure didn't do any of that against the falcons, and if we plan to have any chance at all against brees we better get to him.

obviously you missed the whole 2nd half.

Dont worry... If you saw it, they definitely saw it.. Hopefully they implement what works.
I watched the bucs vs saints game couple weeks ago and I think I saw just what it takes to beat this team. While the bucs offense struggled, there Defense alone almost won them the game. They played the saints extremely physical, getting hits on brees, laying the smackdown on any WR who tried to catch the ball. Some of them were in fact head hits yes but still effected the saints offense heavily. I think tampa picked the right times to blitz, and didn't blitz often. Played a zone on key 3rd downs, confusing brees with different defenses. Eventually after I think 3 quarters of hard nosed football in a close game, brees broke down and had thrown an interception for a long 60+ yard TD run back by the bucs. Revis held the long ball in check which the saints tried and failed. Saints than tried the running game and went no where. If it wasn't for tampas awful offense they would have easily beaten the saints. Get pressure with your front 4, lay back in a zone and wait for brees to throw picks. Blitz occassianally when in man coverage and see if we rattle brees a couple of times. Get him out of his comfort zone. This Dolphins team has what It takes, but we cant let the saints run on us like Atlanta did. We have a resilient team but we need to start out fast this time, drew brees will pick u apart if the saints get a lead.

They didnt do anything. We had a damn monsoon up here that ruined the field and took away the Saints WR's speed and also affected the accuracy of Brees. The game way delayed for about an hour due to a ridiculous storms that flooded a lot of the bay area up here.

Laid down the blue print???? ROTFLMAOOOOOOOO
First of all ,for you football IQ challenged fans, there was a storm that passed thru and the game got delayed. When it was back on it was raining cats and dogs. Second, TB and NO are in the same Div and they always play closed games. Laid down the blue print my BLEEP.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First of all ,for you football IQ challenged fans, there was a storm that passed thru and the game got delayed. When it was back on it was raining cats and dogs. Second, TB and NO are in the same Div and they always play closed games. Laid down the blue print my BLEEP.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lololol yeah they "always play close games" like that 41-0 blowout at the end of last year.

Don't even try to sack him, use every trick available to us to get into his throwing lanes. Stunt the DEs or drop them into coverage and bring Ellerbe/Wheeler, do everything you can to clog up the middle. Having said that not having Wake and/or Soliai is gonna hurt bad, Soliai could muscle his way into throwing lanes and we need at least 2 versatile DEs/OLBs for my plan to work.

A dirty bird fan, here after we smacked em? I must have missed something. Also you've got to be the most obvious troll in the history of trollism with a name like that. lol

The Bucs actually have a lot of talent. If they had a QB and believed in the team they'd be pretty good. For instance, Revis makes almost every defense look good, because you can both eliminate the other team's best receiver AND roll coverage to the other side to lock that down. They've been drafting lots of pass rushers all across the defensive line for the last few years. They match up well with New Orleans, and they know each other very well because they're in the same division. Its going to be hard to duplicate their knowledge and execution of that gameplan, but hey, it sounds like a sound concept against Brees ... even if it's easier said than done, heh.

Back
Top Bottom