Buccaneers | Steussie Released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers | Steussie Released

shaadi6000

shaadi
Reaction score
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:41:29 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released OT Todd Steussie. Head Coach Jon Gruden indicated that the decision was cap-related

Judging from his play last year...he's completely washed up. I wouldn't bring him in personally.

Bring him in, but he's sorta "past it" isn't he ?

I wouldn't bring him in at the expense of Carey's development. D-Mac's on long term too, so I'd just pass.

we need o-linman, houck could work with him, i say give him a shot

shaadi6000 said:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:41:29 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released OT Todd Steussie. Head Coach Jon Gruden indicated that the decision was cap-related

No, Steussie was a steroid player, once he got off them he was nothing, thats why Gruden dumped him.

FinsAreLife said:
we need o-linman, houck could work with him, i say give him a shot

At tackle the way Carey is developing and McDougle is doing at RT I'd say were fine especially with McIntosh/Alibi as the swing tackles.

We especially don't need an over the hill washed up player.

What we need is a strong center.

35, washed up and was on the riods.

We do not need him. He is to old and washed up. Also finheaven members need to stop sprouting threads everytime an oline man is released. Free agents like stuessie are band-aids for our bullet wounds.

He played well for Carolina 2 years ago. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in to see how he does. If Houck can do the job with who we have now, he may also be able to squeeze another good year or two out of Steussie.

SCall13 said:
He played well for Carolina 2 years ago. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in to see how he does. If Houck can do the job with who we have now, he may also be able to squeeze another good year or two out of Steussie.

Again. He played like crap last season, is 35 and on the steriods. We also don't have a screaming need for tackles with McDougle at right, Carey playing well so far at LT and McIntosh/Alabi as the swing tackles.

So far the only 2 guys not holding their own are McKinney at center and James at Guard.

Back
Top Bottom