Buccaneers | Williams Officially Signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers | Williams Officially Signed

shaadi6000

shaadi
Reaction score
Buccaneers | Williams Officially Signed
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:50:25 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed rookie RB Carnell Williams to an undisclosed contract. As reported earlier he was on the field practicing with his teammates Friday morning, July 29.

I give the guy credit, The hell with this I have to wait to see what the guy before me gets. Figure out what you think your worth and sign the damn contract. There's too much of this "I have to get every possible dollar I can"

PhinPhreak said:
I give the guy credit, The hell with this I have to wait to see what the guy before me gets. Figure out what you think your worth and sign the damn contract. There's too much of this "I have to get every possible dollar I can"
I here ya brother

PhinPhreak said:

I'd agree, but most of us would flip out if we found out we could have saved 100 dollars on something if we had waited a week for it to go on sale. Thats kind like how it is for these players, except there not dealing with 100 dollars here, there dealing with millions. Can you honestly blame them?

PhinPhreak said:

Couldn't have said it better. :up: The capped rookie contracts have been getting some steam, been hearing the chatter pick up on that subject. Let's hope that comes to being put in the CBA. All guaranteed money,but capped at 3 million a year, for four years. Thats plenty for a rookie. I'm all for a rookie 1st rounder to get paid, but it's getting ridiculous.

PhinPhreak said:
no doubt man r.browmn needs to be in camp if he expects to be the starter on opening day better get with your agent and sign a.s.a.p........

PhinPhreak said:

Agreed. Every player has the right to tell his agent to accept a given deal. These guys that play dumb and say they are just doing what their agents tell them are just doing it to take the heat off of themselves.
Bottom line is if you turn out to be as good as you think (or your agent says you are) then when all is said and done you will be handsomely rewarded at some point and you can both take care of your family and retire without a single financial worry.

Saban4prez said:
I'd agree, but most of us would flip out if we found out we could have saved 100 dollars on something if we had waited a week for it to go on sale. Thats kind like how it is for these players, except there not dealing with 100 dollars here, there dealing with millions. Can you honestly blame them?

Yes but we aren't talking about purchasing an item, I also don't thinkn the difference would be in the millions, the agents all have an idea on what the player should wind up getting for being drafted in the spot they were, they are holding out for that extra 100K - 200K. Now even though it sounds like alot of money to us, it the end what is going to hurt more, losing 200k or not being in camp and possibly losing your starting job.

I say again take what you think is fair for the spot and get your butt into camp, if your as good as advertised you will be making plenty more in the future.

You can't tell me that Rivers didn't hurt himself holding out, if Brees plays good again this year then next year Rivers will be basicaly a 3rd year rookie.

Back
Top Bottom