BUCKHALTER out for the year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BUCKHALTER out for the year

Dolfan984 said:
Nobody's getting Ricky from us. If a RB leaves us in a trade it's Gordon or Morris...probably Morris.

I agree, they need a bigger back (Morris), Gordon is a poor mans version of Westbrook, very poor. I would prefer to get rid of Morris, he can't block like a true fullback, and he's not as a good a RB as 2 or 3 other RB's on the team, and he's not a short yardage back. He does a little of each, but not great at anything. I'd prefer to have Jamir Martin.

they got a rookie named ryan moats that is really impressin them...i dont think they would panic just yet...and tellin by the way that they dealt with TO, theres no way theyre gettin hustled...wishful thinking tho

Third thread I have read here...third thread where I will predict that the Eagles will go after Davenport if they go after anybody.

The value we would get sending morris or ricky to philly would not be worth.

Shipping gordon for anything would be worth, he doesn't bring any value to this team..well,guess everybody knows that.....I posted just to say send him for a conditional 7th and it would be fine IMO :D

tylaw4president said:
Why would Philly panic and make a stupid trade? Buckhalter wasn't the starter and couldn't stay on the field for the last few years.

Because all successful teams need depth to maintain their success. What's so stupid about making a trade for a backup running back?
Sammy Morris and Lamar Gordon are capable of spelling Westbrook.
Those of you who say Gordon has no trade value are the ones who think that any player who doesn't wear a phins uniform is better than what we already have.

XxFiN FaNxX said:
they got a rookie named ryan moats that is really impressin them...i dont think they would panic just yet...and tellin by the way that they dealt with TO, theres no way theyre gettin hustled...wishful thinking tho

Making a trade doesn't mean you are panicking. It all depends on the terms of the trade.

jlfin said:
Those of you who say Gordon has no trade value are the ones who think that any player who doesn't wear a phins uniform is better than what we already have.

That isn't so.

My formula is a simple one: would the Dolphins trade for Gordon if he were on another team? The answer there is HELL no, and it isn't due to being extraordinarily deep with great talent. I cannot imagine trading for a back of Gordon's calibur even if this team didn't have Morris, Harris, and Minor. I also know that there are other backs to be had out there. I'd be more inclined to go after William Green, for instance. That makes it really tough to make a case for Gordon having value.

TPD1479 said:
Now would be a great time to get on the phone with PHILLY and try and get a decent pick for MORRIS or GORDON

Maybe they'd give us back a 2nd round pick:lol:

Did the eagles hire Rick Speilman as their GM? cause thats the only way were getting higher then a 4th for gordon or morris.

Saban4prez said:
Did the eagles hire Rick Speilman as their GM? cause thats the only way were getting higher then a 4th for gordon or morris.

Your right. Philly won't give up much, if anything. I could see a conditional 7th round pick, or maybe an offensive linemen, they have a log jam of young guys that won't supplant any starters this year.

As for spelling Westbrook, Ryan Moats will do that. They are looking for a 3rd and short guy, or goal line back.

They aren't in any rush, pardon the pun. They will probably just wait until last cuts.

There is no way at this time that we will be getting a 2nd round pick or any "reasonable" draft pick for Ricky Williams at this time, I'm just trying to be realistic. I could definitely see why Philadelphia would have interest in Sammy Morris, he's a very productive back and a great Special Teamer that I would hate to lose, but I would be willing to trade him for a very generous offer. I wouldn't mind seeing Lamar Gordon go, but we have to face the fact that we won't be getting a 3rd round pick back for him and we will get very very little for him if anything at all for the simple fact that he may not even make the team for us and this is the final year of his contract. The only realistic trade I could see happening right now would be us trading Sammy Morris to Philadelphia for either a CB or I would say a 5th-7th round pick (5th at best). Again... yes Sammy is our 3rd string Running Back, but he can be very productive for us if he gets touches and he's definitely a huge part to our special teams and it would be tough to let him go, but like I said I would be willing to if the offer was right. Also, you can't forget that even with the Buckhalter injury, the Eagles have rookies Ryan Moats who I think is going to have a very impressive season for them. They're not going to give up much for any of our running backs, the only way I could see them getting Lamar Gordon is if they claim him off the waivers if we release him. And if they're really interested in Sammy Morris, I have a feeling they will offer us a conditional 6th round pick to be perfectly honest.

Back
Top Bottom