Buckley not the answer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buckley not the answer

tmny99

Glory Glory to Ole Georgia
Reaction score
I really don't think Saban is going to bring in T-Buck because he wants corners that tackle well in his scheme. Buckley can definitely cover better than Howard easily, but I think Saban may be concerned about his tackling. Any thoughts?

thats the one thing i believe has kept howard on the field despite his terrible coverage skills. from what i've been able to see on tv and in highlights is that his run support has been pretty good. if he was lacking in this area, im not sure he'd even be on the team at this point. however, his contract and the cap hit for releasing..thats a whole other issue.....

I would hope that coverage skills for a corner are more important than tackling ability. Don't get me wrong, Madison only makes hits out of bounds and that is frustrating sometime, but we have a lot of other guys whose job it is on defense to stop the run. Our nickel corner is not gonna be facing too many running situations anyway unless they are draws or screens.

Buckley is the answer. Our problem is coverage, not tackling. If we're depending on our CBs to make tackles all the time then the rest of our defense isn't doing their job.

SMadison29 said:
Buckley is the answer. Our problem is coverage, not tackling. If we're depending on our CBs to make tackles all the time then the rest of our defense isn't doing their job.

absolutely. i think we need buckley.

as i said in the will poole thread, eddie jackson did have 1 pass defensed against carolina. thats about all i know about him though, lol

eddie jackson did have 1 pass defensed against carolina. thats about all i know about him though, lol

Me too, & I'm a huge college & NFL fan & I was like who the hell is that. I still don't know.

SMadison29 said:
Me too, & I'm a huge college & NFL fan & I was like who the hell is that. I still don't know.

his profile says he was on carolina as a rookie. carolina is a contender that went out and signed lucas, so its possible they didnt have room for him and/or dont want or need a young corner

hes 6' 200 lbs, so that was prob a big selling point for saban

well our d puts alot of pressure on the QB and if we had another cover cornor (t buck) i think we wouldnt have to worrie to much about tackleing cause our d would put enough pressure and we would prob see more ints :evil: so im all 4 picking up t buck :D

Back
Top Bottom