Bucs Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs Defense

Bucs5-1 said:
Not here to talk smack guys! I know it must have been a frustrating day for you yesterday and most of you guys were really cool in discussions during the week. I saw a few things with the game yesterday.

1. Gus really is not that good.
2. A lot of penalties, Saban really has to get that in order.
3. The Bucs Defense, do we look really good? Or is it just me?

Futhermore, whip up on ATL and NO for us!! And you guys are far from out of it in your division. Good Luck Dolphins!

I strongly agree with 1 and 2 unfortunately. 3, well i'd like to say yes. Your run D was excellent against us. I'd like to see you shut down a team that has a good passing attack before I call your D "really good." Until then i'll just say they're good, and good luck with your season. Buccs fans have been the least obnoxious of the teams we've played this year.

Bucs5-1 said:
Not here to talk smack guys! I know it must have been a frustrating day for you yesterday and most of you guys were really cool in discussions during the week. I saw a few things with the game yesterday.

1. Gus really is not that good.
2. A lot of penalties, Saban really has to get that in order.
3. The Bucs Defense, do we look really good? Or is it just me?

Futhermore, whip up on ATL and NO for us!! And you guys are far from out of it in your division. Good Luck Dolphins!
your defense is very good. it makes me think of what the bills D would look like if we had another beast at DT, and spikes hadnt gone down.

i would put your D at #2 or 3 in the NFL. behind the Jags.

ch19079 said:
your defense is very good. it makes me think of what the bills D would look like if we had another beast at DT, and spikes hadnt gone down.

i would put your D at #2 or 3 in the NFL. behind the Jags.

behind the Jags? They are giving up 120-130 yards per game on the ground, no defense that does that can be ranked very high.

tampa's defense is average at best, they have not played great offenses yet and we moved the ball but did not score

Bonedoc7777 said:
tampa's defense is average at best, they have not played great offenses yet and we moved the ball but did not score
Yeah...we've been average for about 8 years...I wish we could get better, and fast!!:rofl3: :rolleyes:

fishypete said:
Actually....the Bucs defense isn't fool proof.....if the Dolphins had a QB that could throw accurately....the game would have been far different. And it seems to me the Bucs made as many penalities....it was your year to win....maybe the next one it will be different.
Could it be that the Bucs just made your QB LOOK inaccurate...something to think about.;)

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
We Beat Ourselves Once Again But The Bucs Do Have A Good Defence We Just Gave You The Game With Penalties And That Fumble.
Absolutely correct!!! The Bucs had NOTHING to do with your team losing...even when my Bucs lose and play poorly I give the other team more credit than..."your team has a good defence"...absolutely insane:goof:

BlueFin said:
The game turned on two plays, one missed tackle in the backfield that became a touchdown, and a QB fumble that became a touchdown.

Without that the game is tied, had Our offense executed on the passing plays that were open it would have made a big difference.

Isnt that what football is all about...making plays? "If the Dolphins would have played better they had a better chance to win" would be a more correct statement. Or maybe "if the Bucs played more poorly then the Dolphins would have won".

Bonedoc7777 said:
Ohhhhhh...LMAO I just spit coffee all over my screen. You my friend have a future in comedy.

dbucfan said:
Could it be that the Bucs just made your QB LOOK inaccurate...something to think about.;)

Unless the Bucs are dressing in other team uni's....I don't think so. Gus hasn't hit many long throws so far this season....and if he had time to throw against the Bucs....your defense wasn't a problem. He just needs glasses...or something.

dbucfan said:
Isnt that what football is all about...making plays? "If the Dolphins would have played better they had a better chance to win" would be a more correct statement. Or maybe "if the Bucs played more poorly then the Dolphins would have won".

The point was that two plays blew this game open, it was not a blowout or a game dominated by one team or another per say.

Yes, your team made a couple of plays that were the difference in the game including a fumble returned for a touchdown, but a dominant performance it was not.

BlueFin said:
The point was that two plays blew this game open, it was not a blowout or a game dominated by one team or another per say.

Yes, your team made a couple of plays that were the difference in the game including a fumble returned for a touchdown, but a dominant performance it was not.
Neither you aor I chose to use the word dominant in our original statements, but you have to admit, on Sunday the better team prevailed. Better defense...better offense etc.

fishypete said:
Unless the Bucs are dressing in other team uni's....I don't think so. Gus hasn't hit many long throws so far this season....and if he had time to throw against the Bucs....your defense wasn't a problem. He just needs glasses...or something.
The keys to your statement are as follows in my opinion..."and if he HAD TIME to throw against the bucs" and "your defense WASn't a problem". Put those two statements together and your point makes NO sense. Maybe he didnt have time to throw because he was pressured all day and sacked four times(sounds like a good defense to me) other than those stats our def WAS NOT a problem.:lol:

Tampa Bay has a really good shot at going a long way this year. It might come down to the Bucs and Eagles for the NFC title.

Tampa Bay basically dared Miami to beat them through the air and plays were there for the making, but were not made. Obviously, Miami doesn't have Peyton Manning or the entire strategy would be different. We Dolphin fans will just have to be patient. There are holes that need fixing.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Tampa Bay basically dared Miami to beat them through the air and plays were there for the making, but were not made. Obviously, Miami doesn't have Peyton Manning or the entire strategy would be different. We Dolphin fans will just have to be patient. There are holes that need fixing.
Very well put...well thought out.

Back
Top Bottom