Bucs want Henry-Unlikely option for Fins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs want Henry-Unlikely option for Fins.

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
TAMPA - The Bucs are trying to make Travis Henry part of a revamped rushing attack. At least, that is what Henry has been told.

Henry, who has been given permission to seek a trade from the Buffalo Bills, told The Palm Beach Post on Monday that he has learned the Bucs are one of five teams expressing interest in trading for him. Henry did not reveal the source of his information, and his agent would not confirm the report, which suggested Miami, Arizona, Carolina and Oakland are the other interested parties.
Henry made his comments during an interview in which he expressed a strong desire to play for the Dolphins in 2005. The Dolphins, however, may not have the means to complete a trade for the four-year tailback from Frostproof High.

The Bucs, who have 11 picks, including four in the top 100, have a second- round pick to offer. They also can offer Henry much of what he seeks in a new home, including a grass field and warm weather.

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBZLEYW44E.html

Personally I doubted the Bills would trade Henry to a division rival.The Bucs can give them a No 2 pick in the upcoming draft and the Bills wont have to face him too much in future years.Its a no brainer.

I wasnt too enthused about giving up picks anyway for him when there are other very good options.

That's cool. There's going to be a butt-load of RBs available this year through FA as well as the draft. I just can't see giving a pick to Buff for Henry in light of the market.

Hey I think it's a good deal for Tampa. I think Henry is a good back and I want him to get a fresh start elsewhere. I wouldn't mind him in a Phins uniform, but it just won't happen since we don't have the ammo and also there are other quality FA backs that will cost us less.

Clumpy said:
I will accept a 2nd rd pick from TB :up:
they have tons to offer :up:

Anyone in the draft w/ a blown knee? donahoe might be interested.

The trading to a division rival thing is way overrated. You can't worry about the other teams in your division. Only about yourself. Miami could use their #2 pick, move down...pick up an extra pick and put together a 2 pick package (or better) and sweeten the pot to get Henry.

Buffalo has already traded within their division in recent years. Obviously they aren't opposed to it. It's really not that big of a deal.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Hey Clumpy, are the Bills going to cut Bledsoe because of his huge salary, or will they try and restructure?
I think Saban will trade your first rd. pick for Drew :up:

TB has pittman who is a decent RB why would they want HENRY....he whats to go some where he can start

MikeO said:
Buffalo has already traded within their division in recent years. Obviously they aren't opposed to it. It's really not that big of a deal.
we've traded but we were on the receiving end. Not in Drews case though. :yell: Otherwise, we just cut our scrubs and Wanny picks them up.

I miss Wanny . :cry:

Doesn't Henry only have one year left on his contract? We would have to give up a pick and then throw out the big bucks next year to re-sign him. I'm all against this trade.

bucs
fins
cards
raiders
panthers

all have shown intrest.
he'll go to the team offering the most.

and if the trade is done, they will redo his contract so he gets paid alot more. i think that is common to do when good players are traded.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Hey Clumpy, are the Bills going to cut Bledsoe because of his huge salary, or will they try and restructure?

Rumor out of Boston sez Bledsoe was asked to take pay cut and refused. This will lead to his release come before his $1.05 million roster bonus is due March 2nd

thats cool, we can find a RB for cheaper, maybe just pick-up Rashard Lee and then draft a late round RB

Back
Top Bottom