Bud Adams offers MAnning a contract for life | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bud Adams offers MAnning a contract for life

anyone know if he has left tenn yet or is he still there.

left last night a little after 10pm. they showed him leaving the facility.

With regards to contract for life - I think they were talking about how he wanted him to possibly stay on as coach and maybe even GM afterwards with the organization.

i believe so, NFLN was tracking Adam's planes flight plans and they mentioned it was scheduled to head back to NC.
Good now just gotta wait and see still got a shot and for that im thankful..

I'd stay away from that organization if I was him. If he doesn't go to Miami he is probably better off in Denver.

right off the bat, before the "bud 4 life thing, i thought it very interesting that the finz sent the coaches to talk with peyton in a FOOTBALL format.

i liked it because i have felt peyton was going to get tired real quick of the steak and lobster dinners and hours of , "we luv you peyton, we REALLY do, and we'll do everything you want, just sign this" etc........

but peyton, he IS all about football. all the teams will pay him big and he isnt broke to begin with. as of right now, the titans, broncs, dolphins and cards are not any superbowl fav and EVERY ONE of these teams will need some pieces to get to the bowl, even with peyton.

he knows this.

but which one has the PLAN? i think the finz thought do we send ireland who isnt a leauge fav and turns a lot of people off, or, de we send the x's and o's guys to talk about how EACH of them will fit, or not with each other.

i thought if anything, this just may be the thing peyton respects, football, not lobster. schemes, not lovey-dovey speeches. real football men, not company slickers and sales pitches.

but, as i am writing this, i see on tv peyton going into the titans brass offices wearing tennesse vols orange AND the mention that peytons wife is from tennesse, just down the road from memphis.

and its a good bet mrs. mannings preference will trump all x's and o's.

not looking good after hearing that.

but, if for some reason we prevail, it WILL be the dolphins sending their football people instead of the blundering boy wonder ireland.win or lose, solid plan by ross.

"For Life?" That's typical of an owner who continued to empower a mediocre HC with 6 out of 17 winning seasons. IMO, that breeds reinforcement of the kind of complacency and coddling that we've just noted closer to home.

Last edited by a moderator:
He can earn money with ads even after he retires...

Relax at his South Beach Condo and make ads...

Why have a real job?

Back
Top Bottom