Budding Stars | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Budding Stars

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
So much negativity around here and rightfully so. Our coaches did blow that game and Tannehill did have a big part in it. I want to take a timeout from the negative threads to appreciate the few bright spots from yesterday.

Jelani Jenkins - He has been forced into the line up after the Ellerbe injury. But I think that was a blessing in disguise. We can dump Ellerbe now. Jenkins has been great all year. He is our leading tackler and has been our best coverage LB by far. He has shown to me to be a good run stuffer as well as being good in coverage. Even has 1.5 sacks. Should be a fixture in this defense for years.

Jarvius Landry - Broke out this game. First TD in the NFL and was money from the slot. Was underultilized until now. Even had a few good returns. Too bad he doesnt have break away speed or those would have been returned for TDs. Still a budding star if used correctly.

Special Mention - Chris McCain - He was used from about halftime on as a QB spy. Had a delayed blitz which forced an in-completion. Recovered the blocked punt. He is coming along very well. Finally was used for the first time in weeks.

Special Mention - Olivier Vernon - Not just for his pass rushing skills but Vernon is becoming an elite run defender. He reads the run very well and contains the outside. Both he and Wake have been money in rush defense. Not very many teams have had any success running and our DEs are a big reason why. Outside containment is underrated

I agree with you, bright spots for sure. I can add that L Miller has also been looking good, still need Moreno but I like his rebound from last years disappointing season.

love Satele play as well as Shelby.if he can get better off the field i think we have a good one

Thanks for this post.It takes you away from all the doom and gloom.And yes we do have some bright spots.

Back
Top Bottom