Buddwalks Round 1 Mock Draft v.1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks Round 1 Mock Draft v.1

fishypete said:
San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees won the quarterback accuracy contest at the 2005 Pro Bowl Skills Challenge.

Who said a 6ft QB can't play and win in the NFL? Just don't tell Brees...or LeFor. :)
Maybe we should actually let LeFor accomplish something in the league before we put him in the same class with a first day pick like Brees whose made the Pro Bowl.

fishypete said:
Isn't Arrington coming off another injury? And frankly I'll bet Saban will "meet" with dozens of players before the draft...do you think he'll draft all of them?
A good coach will never give away who he's thinking of drafting...a great coach will lie in your face, and you'll believe him. Just imagine if Rick or Wanny took McPherson with the 44th pick...how long would it take for the Tar to be ready? Saban, I hope is no fool...and only a fool would use the 44th pick in the draft, for such a risky player...like I said, at best he's a 6th round pick...or a F/A.
Actually Pete, the memory must be going, Arrington has never had a major injury throughout his college career.

LtDan662002 said:
Thank You!!! Everyone seems to KNOW what everyone (especially Saban) will do. Thats why I always try to throw an "IMO" in there.

WORD!! IMO:cooldude:

Buddwalk said:
Good questions and i shall answer them all

Cleveland hired Romeo Crennel, a belicheck desendant and he will not draft a qb in round 1 maybe in the second...i truely believe they could jump on drew brees.

SD is rumored to want the second overall for a wide reciever if one of the recievers has a big enough combine...but not mock is 100% accurate

Well this is from a source of my own...my dad lives in dc himself and he hears down there the rumors saying lavar arrington is definitely on the trading block and the vikings are interested, and moss looks like the early target. Also minnesota wont get everything they want for moss now that everyone knows there gonna trade him...[mortenson said that on espn motion]

Panthers need a Tackle and Jammal Brown will have a huge combine you watch and see

Charlie Frye's stock rose so much hes a late first early second round pick right now...now all he has to do is come up with a huge combine and he can make it to the middle of the first and the saints have already shown no intentions of bringing aaron brooks back. Remember Philip Rivers last year he was really supposed to go in the second but with his huge combine and huge senior bowl he went #4.

Jones is a very good DE...but teams are gonna be very intrigued to go after spears after his huge week at mobile and hes expected to have a huge combine and he might even go up in the top 10

Again Fred Gibson had a better week than roddy...at mobile, Fred Gibson is finally showing the potential

Actually Corey Websters stock has falling miserably...why i dont know but it definitely has

Adrian Mcpherson looks like a huge ? right now but thats because he played in the afl and people will doubt him...nick saban has met with mcpherson and if he has a good enough combine taking him in the second might be a steal...cause with the qbs in this draft he might possibly be the best!

? Brooks is not a free agent and didnt they recently sign him to a new contract, are they going to trade or cut him ? :confused:

fishypete said:
Isn't Arrington coming off another injury? And frankly I'll bet Saban will "meet" with dozens of players before the draft...do you think he'll draft all of them?
A good coach will never give away who he's thinking of drafting...a great coach will lie in your face, and you'll believe him. Just imagine if Rick or Wanny took McPherson with the 44th pick...how long would it take for the Tar to be ready? Saban, I hope is no fool...and only a fool would use the 44th pick in the draft, for such a risky player...like I said, at best he's a 6th round pick...or a F/A.
If he comes out and has a monster combine like i expect him too...then hes not gonna even be there in the early 3rd....taking him in the second wouldnt be a waste...but it would be a risk. dont forget the bills tok willis mcgahee in the first at #22 and everbody thought they were morons the guy looks great and hes not even 100%

BlueFin said:
Maybe we should actually let LeFor accomplish something in the league before we put him in the same class with a first day pick like Brees whose made the Pro Bowl.
After 4 year...of getting his brains beaten in...Brees earned his spot. My post was comparing Brees size to Lefors...both are very similar and both are very accurate. The only difference may be Lefors has more mobility.

Buddwalk said:
If he comes out and has a monster combine like i expect him too...then hes not gonna even be there in the early 3rd....taking him in the second wouldnt be a waste...but it would be a risk. dont forget the bills tok willis mcgahee in the first at #22 and everbody thought they were morons the guy looks great and hes not even 100%
McGahee had a serious injury, McPherson was thrown off the team for betting. His playing time in college was limited...all the talent in the world...doesn't make him a 2nd round pick. Lets remember, Phillips, Collins, Underwood, Williams...how many more risky players do the Dolphins need to take? Sorry, this guy has only one history to go by....he didn't win anything while in college...and with his past, he doesn't deserve to be given ANYTHING...he needs to earn his way!
Buyer beware.

Buddwalk said:

Exactly. To say the 44th pick shouldn't be used on a risky player would be saying not to use the pick at all. Like it or not, EVERY player is a risk in the draft. Granted, some are less of a risk, but that doesn't mean that player will be an instant star. Before I comment on this mock, or any other to be honest, I want to see what happens in Free Agency, and the Combine.

fishypete said:
After 4 year...of getting his brains beaten in...Brees earned his spot. My post was comparing Brees size to Lefors...both are very similar and both are very accurate. The only difference may be Lefors has more mobility.
The difference is Brees was a highly rated first day pick, borderline 1st rounder.

Lefors will probably go in the 4th or 5th.

Back
Top Bottom