Buddwalks Week 5 Power Rankings!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks Week 5 Power Rankings!!!

Buddwalk said:
Well since espn, cbs, and si.com have put out all crappy power rankings i thought i'd give it a shot every week :D

1. Colts - 4-0 and peyton manning finally woke up...things could get ugly folks!
2. Bengals - 4-0 They've played 2 way football and Carson Palmer is completed more than 70% of his passes which is also helping.
3. Buccaneers - Cadillac has fueled this team for 3 games...but in the 4th he ran out of gas and might miss week 5...Imo hes the reason there 4-0 right now, without him it will be tough to win.
4. Falcons - Best team in the nfc right now...but not cause of a man named Vick but cause of a man named Dunn.
5. Redskins - 3-0 and there playing Joe Gibbs football which could be a scary thing. Not sure if there for real but i definitely have to put them ahead of the eagles since they havnt lost yet.
6. Eagles - Everybodys jumping gun cause they came back and beat kc in arrowhead...well maybe nobody knows, but Kansas City still doesnt have a defense. I still want to see them play a real team.
7. Steelers - 2-1 but they gotta play a couple tough games...if they come out and play the way they did the first 2 weeks they could be in the top 5 by next week.
8. Chargers - 2 plays and this team could be 4-0...The only thing killing them is the fact that they've had to do 3 hour timezone changes this year. But when there playing in the right time there as good as anyone.
9. Giants -
10. Patriots - 2-2 and there still a top 10 team...The fact of the matter is still even being 2-2 when it comes down to the playoffs there perfect.
11. Broncos - After an ugly whooping in week 1 that they recieved from the phins not many thought they'd rebound with 3 straight wins, and fewer thought the reason why would be there Defense!
12. Dolphins - Huge win coming into the bye and they get an easy game right off the gate...if they come in and get buisness done next week there a top 10 team and people can start putting dolphins and playoffs in the same sentence again.
13. Panthers - They've had some growing pains this year but when there on they can play with anyone in the league...but at times they seem to slip up at the worst time.
14. Chiefs - Started off 2-0 and then there defense fell apart and then they are now 2-2 just like that. But the good news is that there offense is still very explosive so looks like there gonna have to play the 99 rams on this one.
15. Jaguars - Rock Solid Defense...but they cant win games when Fred Taylor only touches the ball 10 times all day. Give him 30-40 touches and they win, nuff said.
16. Seahawks - Huge loss in OT to the redskins could hurt them down the line in a division where every wins gonna count.
17. Saints - I feel for the saints so bad after what happened with katrina...and really they've played very well this year 2-2.
18. Rams - Seems like the 99 rams but again they cant win games...All Offense no Defense. The way there going Bulger might throw for 5000 yards and 40 tds...the bad thing there is he might throw for 40 ints!
19. Cowboys - That collapse on monday night against the redskins was one of the worst things i've ever seen. Not to mention that they just lost to a good team in the raiders...they need to come up huge against the eagles here or all may be lost.
20. Raiders - Despite just winning there first game they've playing with top teams all year and hung with them all til the very end...a couple good calls in there favor and this team could be 3-1.
21. Bears - Well they've only won a game but with the running game of thomas jones emerging and kyle orten surviving slowly as a rookie...they might win the divison with an 8-8 record.
22. Vikings - From superbowl pick to a trashcan toothpick, this team has shown signs of the randy moss departure. Looks like there gonna have to find a new way to play football or there gonna finish 2nd in the division.
23. Cardinals - Getting a win in a foreign place is huge...now lets see if they can do it on there own soil.
24. Ravens - Looks like the 2000 ravens all over again except they cant win games...All Defense and No Offense, well fans of baltimore its gonna be a long year.
25. Titans - There defense looked solid til peyton manning finally turned the light bulb on and lit them up for 4 TDs.
26. Browns - Seems like Trent Dilfer is playing as good as any qb in the league the bad part is they've only won a game...But under new head coach Romeo Crennel they look like there going in the right direction.
27. Lions - After being basically cheated last week against the undeafeated buccs they've got to feel like crap...but looks like the team can stay close with the best of them...Harrington needs to be more consistent or hes gonna be benched though.
28. Bills - 1-3 after there week 1 victory they looked like they were maybe a 10-6 team but with losmans play they have plummetted to the bottom of the afc east, If losman doesnt play better they might have to find a qb in the draft.
29. 49ers - 1-3 and it doesnt look like there getting any better...Alex Smith might start next week so that could be a sign of good things.
30. Jets - Lost #1 and #2 qb for the year...and looks like Vinny is up next, there already 1-3, if they manage to even finish 6-10 it'll be a miracle.
31. Packers - There 0-4 but they have shown sign of life under Brett Favre...They might go 0-16 but favre will end up with 40 td passes.
32. Texans - There record stands at 0-3 right now...outlook says they might not win til week 9.

The Bengals and Bucs have both faced extremely easy schedules and have really proven nothing except that they are better than the bottom third of the league.

This is not to say they couldn't prove it later, but until they beat some real contenders I would not place them over some of the real proven teams you have.

The only one I don't agree with is the Bengals (and maybe the Skins). The Bengals deserve to be high, but come on, they've played High School teams so far, and almost lost to the worst team in the league. They are a good team, no doubt, but I'd like to see them play Chargers/Steelers/Pats/Eagles etc.

Pinrod33 said:
sounds good to me, but I really don't like that "an easy game right out of the gate" statement for the dolphins. Sounds just like the broncos and bills fans that were talking that crap before week one. Nothing is a given in the NFL these days (example 1: Dolphins 2-1 after games against Broncos, Jets, and Panthers) Other than that, your rankins sound pretty safe, but fair.

Good call but I don't think the actual "TEAM" will underestimate the Bills because of this post...

Buddwalk said:
thx gonzo as a lounge poster I recognize you out of the other finheaven noobz that post on here :lol:

You know it! It's funny when you get an email about a response, then don't see it on here :lol:

Pinrod33 said:
sounds good to me, but I really don't like that "an easy game right out of the gate" statement for the dolphins. Sounds just like the broncos and bills fans that were talking that crap before week one. Nothing is a given in the NFL these days (example 1: Dolphins 2-1 after games against Broncos, Jets, and Panthers) Other than that, your rankins sound pretty safe, but fair.

My sentiments exactly.

I dont think I would rank the Packers at 31st....they are 0-4 but they have lost three of the games I have watched by less than 3 points and almost pulled out the Monday Nighter....I would put them around 24-25....still not very good though.

Back
Top Bottom