Building a QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a QB

Jaj said:
Arm- Marino

I would also go with Marino's Brain. The man could read a defense like nobodys business. His amazing quick release was preceeded by the speed at which he could read a defense, go through his receivers and choose his target.

Birth Control Glasses

I would say brains to Griese too. Especially after he started wearing those BCG's under the helmet. 2nd Place to Dan Pastorini for Arm.

Prakk said:
Arm, Bobby Douglass

I wish I could say I had the recollection of seeing him play. But alas I am too young. Can you describe why he rates so high on your "Arm" meter? Or was it a sarcasm post? I am not being mean, I am merely trying educate myself.

All I can see is this. Which doesn't speak too highly compaired to this.

BlitPhinFan said:
The fact that Walsh(I think is was Walsh) said it, that in and of itself speaks volumes.

Yes, that was a Bill Walsh quote....and I agree, it does speak volumes about the abilities of Marino.

finsgonewild said:
GRYPHONK fiedler's name should be nowhere near these great quarterbacks. He is probably the worst starting quarterback in dolphins history.

LOL, to say that Fiedler didn't have heart is to be naive.

If you are biased and can't give credit where credit is due then you have no valid opinion.

You probably think that Chambers is a pro Bowl receiver right?
Do you think Randy McMichaels is a pro bowl TE?
Let me guess. You thought it was Sammy Knight not Sam Madison who kept getting burned and was in the wrong place even though he was on the opposite side of the field playing his position?

Legs - Michael Vick
Arm - Dan Marino/ Jeff George (i Know He Was Horrible But He Had A Gun)
Heart - Johnny Unitas/ Jeff Hostetler (super Bowl Vs Bills)
Mind - Tom Brady/ Joe Montana/ Dan Marino (although When He Got Frustrated He Threw Picks)
Liver - Ken Stabler

legs-Mike Vick
body-Daunte Culpepper
Velocity: Elway
arm strength-Cunningham
quick release-Dan Marino
accuracy- Steve Young
brains- P. Manning
heart-Brett Favre
field vision-Marino
Clutch: Montana
Leadership:Montana
Toughness: Favre

Uncle Rico said:
I saw this on NFL network. These were the experts picks.

All-time QB's

Legs- Vick
Body- Elway
Arm- Elway
Brains- Montana
Heart- Montana

There you have it. Anyone believe differently?

Elway and Marino are pretty close on most levels...But what separates Elway, Marino and guys like Unitas and even Favre is their ability to carry a team on their shoulders...Montana always had a great supporting cast and as perfect as he was for that system, could never have carried their teams of the 80's and 90's to as many victories as Marino and Elway...call it field generalism, call it heart, call it dominance whatever you want...they had it...

On a scale of one to ten? Twenty.

BlitPhinFan said:
"I wish I could say I had the recollection of seeing him play. But alas I am too young. Can you describe why he rates so high on your 'Arm' meter? Or was it a sarcasm post?"
Douglass problem was that he had no touch. He set a QB rushing record and he impaled people with his passes. There was more than one that he threw that should have won games or been great plays but he threw it so hard no one could catch it. A typical Bobby Douglass pass would be ten or fifteen yards to a wide open man with good hands, it would be right on the money, and be dropped. You could feel the impact in the cheap seats. If God would have reached down and put Bobby's arm on Jay Fiedler, we'd have won a couple of Super Bowls already and Wanny would be a genius.

Legs- McNabb
Body- Culpepper (hes a BEAST)
Arm- Marino
Brains- Manning
Heart- McNair (I hated seeing him after they lost that Super Bowl :cry: )

Back
Top Bottom