Building a QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a QB

Having a gun for an arm isn't the way to judge arm strength. It is velocity. Marino was the best ever in combining the quick release with a strong arm and, most importantly, accuracy. Elway and Favre were not (are not) as good as Marino was at delivering a high velocity throw with exceptional accuracy

Hey man, I can dig it. Looking at it from that angle you're right.

PhinDude88 said:
Legs- Vick
Body- Elway
Arm- Marino
Brains- P.Manning
Heart- Favre

I think I go with

Body = Culpepper
Arm = Marino (hands down)
Brains = Montana
Heart = Farve
Legs = Elway

The legs might be controversial. I admit Vick is quicker but I think he is too quick...when you run like he does, you put too much trust in them and not in your arm...QB has to throw first IMHO. So I go with Elway legs that are used to get you out of trouble but then plant and throw using that Marino Arm...

Anyone choosing Vick legs on their PROTOTYPE QB is risking their QB's health and should put a lot of money into good insurance. Your PROTOTYPE will go down with injury too often....I want quick legs that help utilize the arm and brain and protect my investment, which is huge since this QB is going to require quite a contract.:cooldude:

Uncle Rico said:
I love Marino, but I'd have to give arm to Brett Favre. He gunned it to those recievers. If Marino was tops on anyone of them it would be heart IMO.

Actually it would have to be Arm-Marino, because there was no QB past present, or near Future, that could throw the ball to a reciever that was double or Triple covered, and still be as successful as Marino was. Marino also had a great deep ball.

jlfin said:
Having a gun for an arm isn't the way to judge arm strength. It is velocity. Marino was the best ever in combining the quick release with a strong arm and, most importantly, accuracy. Elway and Favre were not (are not) as good as Marino was at delivering a high velocity throw with exceptional accuracy.

Exactly

jlfin said:
Having a gun for an arm isn't the way to judge arm strength. It is velocity. Marino was the best ever in combining the quick release with a strong arm and, most importantly, accuracy. Elway and Favre were not (are not) as good as Marino was at delivering a high velocity throw with exceptional accuracy.

I agree completely. A prime example, that still sticks in my mind, was when Marino was in the QB Challenge. During the mobility portion he was the slowest through the run portion, but threw the ball a good distance before he finished it and nailed the target dead center. It was so fast and accurate that I believe he ended up winning that portion of the competition.

EDIT: I can't wait to see him perform in this years QB challenge. Should be a great show. I hope he slaughters Boomer and the others. :lol:

Body strength = McNabb

I'm not a really a McNabb fan, but I must admit this guy can break tackles like a RB. He's gotta be the strongest QB of all-time.

Anthony3454 said:
Body strength = McNabb

I'm not a really a McNabb fan, but I must admit this guy can break tackles like a RB. He's gotta be the strongest QB of all-time.
You think he's stronger than Daunte Culpepper or Steve McNair? I think that they're all got tremendous strength and power at breaking tackles. But I don't think I would choose McNabb as the best.

For body strength, power, and breaking tackles... my list would go something like:

Daunte Culpepper- 6'4" 264lbs
Steve McNair- 6'2" 235lbs
Donovan McNabb- 6'2" 240lbs
Byron Leftwich- 6'5" 245lbs
Ben Roethlisberger- 6'4" 241lbs

Just a few I can think of, off hand.

Arm = Dieter Brock! No one else is close, no one!

Heart = Favre

Legs = Vick

Brains = Marino ( he'd throw it away if he got in trouble and wouldnt throw it up for grabs )

Body = Culpepper, guy is a monster!

I already posted my REAL one above, but someone has to do it...

Arm- Jay Fiedler
Heart- Ryan Leaf
Legs- Drew Bledsoe
Brains- Gus Frerotte AFTER hitting the wall (Sorry, I had to :()
Body- Doug Flutie

Back
Top Bottom