building a team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

building a team

holdhotter

Practice Squad
Reaction score
does one build a team around star WRs and RBs anymore these days? I think the trend is heading towards building it around a stud Offensive Line. look at all the 2nd or 3rd string RBs who are having awesome games behind good Offensive Lines. to name a few:

Ruben Droughns
Derrick Blaylock
Mewelde Moore
Chester Taylor

Travis Minor ( :D just joking)

any thoughts?

the key to a successful O-line is experience working with each other....you can't just plug in 4 new starters and expect to do well! KC's and Denver's oline has been playing together FOR YEARS. they all know each others strengths and weaknesses. They're also able to plug in 1 new piece and keep the well oiled machine going. KC replaced Tait with Welbourn, and Denver put in George Foster at RT

if we manage to draft a very good QB in the offseason and he forms a quick, comfortable relationship with our talented receivers, than i think our OL will wind up looking 10x better. as it stands, no one is scared of our passing game when we have weapons like McMichael, Chambers, and Booker. that's a joke. a new gameplan/playbook, new QB, and a talented veteran RG and we'll be on our way, imho.

holdhotter said:
does one build a team around star WRs and RBs anymore these days? I think the trend is heading towards building it around a stud Offensive Line. look at all the 2nd or 3rd string RBs who are having awesome games behind good Offensive Lines. to name a few:

Ruben Droughns
Derrick Blaylock
Mewelde Moore
Chester Taylor

Travis Minor ( :D just joking)

any thoughts?

That's been the formula for success for a 100 years in football. You build an OL that can open holes and protect the QB and an average QB/RB looks like an all pro. It's not a trend it's the foundation. There have been a few exceptions to the rule, but OL DL is where you build first.

Without a QB you can't win in this league. Maybe in the recent past a team like TB or Baltimore could win without a QB, not anymore though. The league is always changing. This team needs a franchise QB in a bad way.

That is true but we also need to find a coach who can use the big bodies well. Not ask your sweaty A$$ed slow center to try and pull to block a DB. The other issue is that the O line seems to be as tough to predict via draft as any other position. I would prefer to get good but not great, fairly young FA o lineman and have them gel. It seems the most predictable position to draft is RB. Lets get us one on the first day.

Bowl_Bound said:
That is true but we also need to find a coach who can use the big bodies well. Not ask your sweaty A$$ed slow center to try and pull to block a DB. The other issue is that the O line seems to be as tough to predict via draft as any other position. I would prefer to get good but not great, fairly young FA o lineman and have them gel. It seems the most predictable position to draft is RB. Lets get us one on the first day.

That is what Miami did.

i believe you need both.. QB is the most important guy on the field.
But you cant run the ball without an Oline. If you cant run... well.. we all know what happens. No you can win without a good QB.. but I think i would concentrate on an Oline now... so when ever a QB come to the fore for this team.. he'll be able to play without fear

MikeO said:
Without a QB you can't win in this league. Maybe in the recent past a team like TB or Baltimore could win without a QB, not anymore though. The league is always changing. This team needs a franchise QB in a bad way.

The league doesn't change that quickly. How about Jake Delhomme last year?

If you have a great QB, it covers a lot of flaws. I would love to have Dan Marino back. To say you need a great QB is just too easy to refute.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The league doesn't change that quickly. How about Jake Delhomme last year?

If you have a great QB, it covers a lot of flaws. I would love to have Dan Marino back. To say you need a great QB is just too easy to refute.
Carolina didn't win the SB though.

bakedmatt said:
if we manage to draft a very good QB in the offseason and he forms a quick, comfortable relationship with our talented receivers, than i think our OL will wind up looking 10x better. as it stands, no one is scared of our passing game when we have weapons like McMichael, Chambers, and Booker. that's a joke. a new gameplan/playbook, new QB, and a talented veteran RG and we'll be on our way, imho.

Oh you forgot to mention...hopefully a new and better head coach!!!

Back
Top Bottom