Club Member
Reaction score
These are the key cornerstone pieces to the puzzle:

QB
Impact Pass Rusher
LT
shut down corner
franchise running back

Those are the 5 hardest pieces to get. Unfortunately, Miami only has two of those positions filled now, with Jason Taylor and Patrick Surtain. Taylor is awesome but getting older. Surtain is great but may not be back.

So, if Saban looks at his next three drafts, he needs to fill those positions with players who fit the bill. Obviously, to win the Super Bowl, you need to be solid all the way around. But the 5 positions I just mentioned is where you go with first round picks. Yes, you also need a stout DT, explosive WR, smart C, tackling machines at LB. That is obvious too.

I just think there are positons that are especially a premium.

All that being said, I like Ronnie Brown, but I'd prefer the Dolphins take a QB if Rodgers and/or Smith do well in their workouts. Draft them and let them learn. Then, in the second or third round, get a JJ Arrington, Morency, Gore type. Then next year get a LT in the first round.

For the long term building of the franchise, let's get a QB in here, IF RODGERS and/or SMITH grade well.

QB is filled.
JT.
We have a LT, give Houck a chance to do his job.
Our CBs are pretty good, with a better DL and scheme, they won't be on an island as much.
We will get a RB in the draft, or FA.

Wow, so then we are good to go!

I agree with most of your post, but a franchise RB is clearly the least important. Build a solid OL and get an decent back or two and that's all you need. Someone to pick up third and short and keep the D honest.

Well, it is obvious we are never going to get anyone to realize that everything negative from last year came under the supervision of Wannstedt. Was it so painfully obvious to realize that A.J., and the rest of the team played like a whole different organization once Wanny left the team, or was it just me.

rafael said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:confused:

Oh, I get it. You're one of those 'waste a pick and draft a green rookie clip board who won't play next year anyways and leaves more big holes to fill and think that would be better then giving AJ weapons, protection and a chance' type guys.

bigmiamifan said:
:confused:

Oh, I get it. You're one of those 'waste a pick and draft a green rookie clip board who won't play next year anyways and leaves more big holes to fill and think that would be better then giving AJ weapons, protection and a chance' type guys.

I'm also one of those that says that if your QB has the worst rating in the league and continued an interception problem he displayed with his previous team, it's ridiculous to say that you're set at QB. And you will always have holes to fill. The important thing is to fill the most important ones, ie QB.

JAREDMANN said:
we got them all but shutdown corner and Rb

our Cb is gone

I disagree, we only have a pash rusher and a good CB (who might leave) . . . . hey, there is a reason we won 4 games last year, let`s get real please!

Back
Top Bottom