Building Blocks for next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building Blocks for next year

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Other than our D we do have some good things to count on next season.

QB- Maybe Feeley can be decent for us while our 1st round QB gets better.
RB- Gordon and Henry are all we have. They're both decent and could do well behind a good line, but I'd like to draft a guy in the 3rd or 2nd if we trade down as well.
WR- Our best category. Chambers, Boston, Booker, and Gilmore all return.
TE- McMike and Donald Lee are still a very good combo.
LT- McIntosh is ok. Wade Smith is just... dono if we can turn him around.
LG- Jeno James is a decent player.
C- Need someone to challenge McKinney.
RG- Big question.
RT- Hopefully someone can come and make Carey into something because St. Clair is no good.
FB- Still strong here.

On D our only real need is maybe one or two young DL.

It can be done. With a serious disciplinarian coach this team can be good again in one year. We just need to look long and hard at who this lucky coach is.

Jaj said:
RB- Gordon and Henry are all we have. They're both decent and could do well behind a good line, but I'd like to draft a guy in the 3rd or 2nd if we trade down as well.
RG- Big question.
RT- Hopefully someone can come and make Carey into something because St. Clair is no good.
FB- Still strong here.
It can be done. With a serious disciplinarian coach this team can be good again in one year. We just need to look long and hard at who this lucky coach is.

QB-John Kitna and Kyle Orton (#1 pick) while Feeley goes back where he belongs as 3rd string QB.
RB-Is not a priority or a need area.

C-Mckinney should be a backup not a starter.
RG-Read above.
RT-Carey better be ready next year so I'm not listing RT as need.

I would hope we could get Kitna. He's a competent veteran. LT is the harder question to answer. I dono if the Wade Smith project can be turned around.

Jaj said:
I would hope we could get Kitna. He's a competent veteran. LT is the harder question to answer. I dono if the Wade Smith project can be turned around.

I still have hope that Smith can turn it around.Remember that he was suppost to be a project.

Jaj said:

RG- Big question.
FB- Still strong here.

Have you seen McIntosh play :cry: he is awful! he maybe better then smith only because he touches someone as they go by him! And that's not if he is false starting!:eek:

Put AJ in there and let him go through the growing pains. This team will do nothing this year. "Toughen him up" (So to speak) for the 2005 season. A look into next year suggests Miami will have Boston, Chambers, McMike, Booker (maybe), Thompson (maybe)....

Most important of all. Miami has the opportunity to get Edgerrin James in the off-season.

I say mold AJ Feeley for next year and then load up the O-line and sign/draft young defensive talent.

All a rehash of what has been said before but, I wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

QB - Let's see what we have in A.J. before we make a choice. (Here come the A.J. haters with "he sucks"). Picking up Kitna would be a great move in my opinion. I also really like that kid from Purdue.

RB - Gordon got the honour of running behind these pylons we call an offensive line. Let him and Henry and Minor fight for the spot in training camp. Not a need in my opinion unless we can get a few more draft picks. Right now I consider drafting a runner more of a luxery because of all the other needs we have.

WR - We are set.

TE - Sign Randy Mc to a contract extension and coach Donald Lee a little. The guy can make some plays and is a decent blocker. A good #2 tight end IF he stops with the penalties.

LT - What a disaster. Smith was horrid and McKintosh is not a lot better. Move one or both of them inside and find a left tackle.

LG - James has been alright. At least I have not seen him getting beat like a rented mule every other down like the rest of the line.

C - Find a veteran. If the Bengals can find a guy, sign him and he knows the offense and the line calls in 3 days why the hell does it take McKinney months to figure it out? Move McKinney to guard.

RG - Taylor Whitley is complete horse****. Cut him the day the season ends. I know he is young but, he gets the crap beaten out of him weekly. Let Wade Smith, McKintosh and McKinney fight for this spot, keep the loser as a back-up and cut the other guy.

RT - Why is'nt Vernon Carey playing at all? Is he that bad or is the coaching that bad? Get him in the line-up and see what we have.

I honestly think that some of these guys can play a little. Tony Wise deserves all the crap thrown at him for this one. Teams fire coaches all the time after one bad year yet, he gets a free pass...He'll be gone with the rest of Wanny's cronies though.

Coach- Fire Wanny and hire either Weiss or Saban.
QB- I say if Orton continues to be strong and, draft him. Keep Feeley, release Fiedler and pick up a veteran QB(like Kitna mentioned above).

RB- Gordon and Henry will most likely still be here, but I don't think they will re-sign Minor. Henry is showing some burst and if he can establish himself a a good starter, this are does not become a need. Otherwise, pick up a FA like Edge.

FB- Konrad and Morris will do.

WR- I absoulutly love the 2005 WR corps.

TE- Does this get any better?

LT- I say sign Walter Jones from Seattle(he may not get franchised with Hassleback and Alexander in contract years this year).

LG- Jeno James

C- McKinney's contract is up and I wouldn't be to eager to re-sign him. Maybe Hadnott can do the job, but I think a FA is what we need.

RG- Vernon Carey(They need to stop pushing RT on him and just make him a guard)

RT- Again, I think a FA is the way to go even though that would probably make 4 new starters on the line.

I'll add my 2 cents. First, I wanted us to take Wilford and not Carey and as we can see, we'll need a DT big time.Our defence is playing good and hard but that's 3 100 yard games already this year.On offence I want to play AJ and see what he can do for a whole year. We'll need 2 new OT's and maybe Carey can play RG. But nothing will matter unless we get rid of Wanny and company.

Ozzy rules!!

Great thing is we finally have some cap room. We really need to spend it either on Edge, for Walter Jones, some good deal. Nick Saban or Scott Linehan as HCs would be a world of difference by themselves.

minus said:
QB-John Kitna and Kyle Orton (#1 pick) while Feeley goes back where he belongs as 3rd string QB.
RB-Is not a priority or a need area.
C-Mckinney should be a backup not a starter.
RG-Read above.
RT-Carey better be ready next year so I'm not listing RT as need.
I just do not get most of you. AJ has played in a total of two games and you are already throwing him away. He played with no running game, no blocking and yet some people are already labeling him a waste.

Good god people. Talk about wanting instant gradification. People need to learn to be patient and give players time. A player steps on the field or not even get on the field for an injury and he is labeled a bust.

Ya but Kitna is a proven commodity period. Besides it's time we make that pick. We had Woodley and we picked Marino. Oh ya that didn't improve us one bit...

I really think that next season we can take advantage of our huge!!!! WRs.

The only difficulty is finding a LT in FA. QB we can draft and just sign a veteran like Kitna.

Jaj said:
I really think that next season we can take advantage of our huge!!!! WRs.
The only difficulty is finding a LT in FA. QB we can draft and just sign a veteran like Kitna.
I agree that this upcoming offseason has potential to be huge for us. Too bad we only have 5 total draft picks. :cry: I do think a new coach will get us some more(Surtain could get us a 1st rounder, and if Ricky comes back we can get something for him).

I think we can nab a QB lower than in the top 3, where we will probably be. Kyle Orton is not that kind of prospect just yet, physically atleast.

I hope to get atleast another RB to challenge Gordon, Henry and in FA spend our cash on Walter Jones. DMac can maybe challenge for RG, RT along with Smith, Carey.

Back
Top Bottom