Building Blocks for next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building Blocks for next year

You know it's really bad in Dolphins land when people start pining for John Kitna.

Jaj said:
I think we can nab a QB lower than in the top 3, where we will probably be. Kyle Orton is not that kind of prospect just yet, physically atleast.
I hope to get atleast another RB to challenge Gordon, Henry and in FA spend our cash on Walter Jones. DMac can maybe challenge for RG, RT along with Smith, Carey.
I kind of like Kyle Orton. I am so excited that I get to see him play in person this upcoming Saturday.

John Kitna isn't that much of a chump...

Damn folks is everyone blind! We need OLIne oline and oh yeah! Freaking oline! I said we should have drafted Grove. Now we are stuck with Carey on the pine. What ever it costs this team nees a damn solid LT! Then we need a Center who can make the call and be physical at the point of attack! RG can be drafted! Our first rd pick better be a damn Qb cause if it is not we will be screwed for as many years as the cards have been!

dolfanreal69 said:
Damn folks is everyone blind! We need OLIne oline and oh yeah! Freaking oline! I said we should have drafted Grove. Now we are stuck with Carey on the pine. What ever it costs this team nees a damn solid LT! Then we need a Center who can make the call and be physical at the point of attack! RG can be drafted! Our first rd pick better be a damn Qb cause if it is not we will be screwed for as many years as the cards have been!
Yeah, I know we need O-Line help, but we need to address that during Free Agency. We need experinced players now and the O-Line postition is not the easiest to walk into from college. I think with our 1st top 5 pick in for how every many years, we need to pick an Impact player position, like QB or RB.

I did say take a Qb. but if we dont trade back and get a second. We take a Qb if there is still a good one. Then A center.

Get a veteran C that gets cut. It happens often. You need an experienced guy at the center position.

Dphins4me said:
I just do not get most of you. AJ has played in a total of two games and you are already throwing him away. He played with no running game, no blocking and yet some people are already labeling him a waste.

Good god people. Talk about wanting instant gradification. People need to learn to be patient and give players time. A player steps on the field or not even get on the field for an injury and he is labeled a bust.
No crap. Nice post.

minus said:
QB-John Kitna and Kyle Orton (#1 pick) while Feeley goes back where he belongs as 3rd string QB.
RB-Is not a priority or a need area.
C-Mckinney should be a backup not a starter.
RG-Read above.
RT-Carey better be ready next year so I'm not listing RT as need.

Kitna should have been on the team this year! We should have offered Fiedler and another player for him.

QB- Maybe Feeley can be decent for us while our 1st round QB gets better.
Get Orton, make it clear that he won't be starting the first year, but he will the 2nd, regardless of the vet we have makes it to the probowl and ends up with a QB rating of 5000. If fiedler is willing to take a paycut and help the young QB, then fine, otherwise get a big name vet.

RB- Gordon and Henry are all we have. They're both decent and could do well behind a good line, but I'd like to draft a guy in the 3rd or 2nd if we trade down as well.
Don't need another RB, we just need them healthy. I have faith in Gordon behind a good line.

WR- Our best category. Chambers, Boston, Booker, and Gilmore all return. TE- McMike and Donald Lee are still a very good combo.
Yea, this group will do fine.

LT- McIntosh is ok. Wade Smith is just... dono if we can turn him around.
LG- Jeno James is a decent player.
C- Need someone to challenge McKinney.
RG- Big question.
RT- Hopefully someone can come and make Carey into something because St. Clair is no good.
Draft o-line with the late drafts an reinforce our line in FA. They don't adjust as fast as some of the other positions, and we need to patch it up from day 1. Put together a veteran o-line, and don't be afraid to overpay.

FB- Still strong here.
Yea, too bad his body is made of glass.

Back
Top Bottom