Building from inside - OUT... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building from inside - OUT...

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, now when this regime took over the team they set to build the team from inside OUT! :up: Which means we get the D & O-line setup first. Ok done but will continue to add depth. From there we move outwards. Next came our LBs. Ok we got 2 great young OLBs (Wake & Anderson) and great depth iwth Porter and Taylor but we still have ILBs (Ayodele & Crowder) to take care of. Next were our DBs and Safeties. Our DBs seem all but set with Davis, Smith, and Jones (W. Allen & J. Allen too) although depth will be added and the Safety position looks like it will get better I think once we get Clemons at FS and I still like Bell (age:31)/Wilson(age:28) at SS.

That leaves the skill positions. QB, WR, RB. Whether you agree with it or not (for the record I like the guy) we have Henne at QB and he will be our guy. At RB we started the season with Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs, and Hilliard. I don’t think anyone thought we needed help in this dept. Although now we may need it, but RB has proven to be the easiest position to fill in the NFL as of late. At WR we have Bess, Hartline, Cam and Ginn. I think with a legit threat on the outside Bess and Hartline and Cam are GREAT #2s. Ginn is pretty much a #3 or 4 WR at this point. I think the coaching staff REAAAALLLYYY wanted to see Ginn become the "guy" since we spent a 1st rounder on him, so they gave him his shot this year. Now that didn’t work out:boohoo:, but still it sticks to the plan of building from INSIDE-OUT. Following that outline the last position to upgrade is a #1 WR.

I know I will get some heat about Bell at SS, but I still like the guy and the SS position is one that players play well into their 30s and at 31 Bell looks like he still has the speed after being able to run down (so-to-speak) DeAngelo Williams. I think he still has 2 good years left for us to draft a SS (which I think we will for sure this year) and groom him.

In my opinion I think we are a WR, ILB, and DT from being a legit playoff contender.

Good News: GREAT ILBs are able to make immediate impacts their very first year (Cushing, Maualuga, Laurinaitis) . While it isn’t an "easy" position...the transition from NCAA to NFL isn't as hard as other positions as long as the ILB has QUICKNESS and good instincts.

Bad News: WR and DT are possibly 2 of the 3 hardest transition positions with the other being QB. I guess you can argue DB too.

Now, we got to enjoy an incredible 1st year that VERY few teams are lucky enough to have (ask the Rams, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, Raiders, etc...) but that was due mostly (60%) to Pennington.

Either way phinfans...we set out on a 3 year rebuild period that starts from the inside out and we are following that blueprint.

u r a little open with the word great for Anderson. but good read. We still need some backers before anything is going to be addressed.

I think as long as the coaching staff continues to do things the way they do them, in terms of building the team, not so much play calling, I think next year we will be a solid, very good team, but not yet Super Bowl contenders, but the year after that the NFL better be ready, cause the Miami Dolphins are gonna be one hard team to beat, I think by the 2011 season we will be Super Bowl contenders, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the Super Bowl will be played in Miami that year as well.

D-linemen are hard to draft into a 3-4 defense. It is easier to convert the smaller ones into linebackers than to find a big one capable of playing the line strait out of college. WR are very hard to draft because the ones who don't need to be "developed" go high in the draft and want paid a king's ransom. Many of those players turn out to be ****, like Ginn. I like Ginn on returns, but nothing else from him has looked promissing.

I don't know how or where, but I know when Sparano, Ireland and Parcells look for a specific player they need and want... They get it...

I trust them..

I was drinking the Kool Aid that Ireland was in fact building from the inside out until this past draft when he took Hartline, Turner and a 6'0 185 pound stringbean QB at 44 overall.

:crazy:

I think OLB is our biggest need on the team and its not even mentioned. Next year I want to see a #1 pick OLB rushing the qb from the right side of the defense and cameron wake from the left.

Listen, we are in need of WR power, if one is available that can fill our need, he will be drafted/signed/traded for ect. This staff cannot continue to ignore the glaring need at WR. Stop drinking the "build from inside out" coolaid.

We have to have a pass offense that teams fear. Without it we continue to have to have 14 play drives to score. It just leaves little margin for error. A big time WR is the #1 priority by far. Can u draft it - highly unlikely but with no CBA u can't tell who will be a FA. #1 need is clearly LB help. I really believe we have some players at OLB. I think we oculd lose Porter and Taylor and be fine. I do think we owuld entertain keeping Taylor but Porter is gone. We NEED ILB's big time. I would love to see going to a 4-3 because it fits the talent on the team and thus we would only need 1 ILB. BUT BP loves the 3-4 so it ain't happening. Crowder sucks - no ifs and or butts! Akin is barely a backup an dthe fact that he still starts is very sad.

WR and ILB - until you fix that this team will never be elite or even close.

We have to have a pass offense that teams fear. Without it we continue to have to have 14 play drives to score. It just leaves little margin for error. A big time WR is the #1 priority by far. Can u draft it - highly unlikely but with no CBA u can't tell who will be a FA. #1 need is clearly LB help. I really believe we have some players at OLB. I think we oculd lose Porter and Taylor and be fine. I do think we owuld entertain keeping Taylor but Porter is gone. We NEED ILB's big time. I would love to see going to a 4-3 because it fits the talent on the team and thus we would only need 1 ILB. BUT BP loves the 3-4 so it ain't happening. Crowder sucks - no ifs and or butts! Akin is barely a backup an dthe fact that he still starts is very sad.

WR and ILB - until you fix that this team will never be elite or even close.

Very good post IMO.... Only thing I'd disagree with is not being able to draft a #1 WR. I'm seeing quite a few people around here saying something like that and I just don't get it. Weren't all of the current #1 WR's in the NFL today drafted? lol It usually takes time for a WR to develope so I know chances are that if they drafted one we won't see the dividends next season per say but still..... We're not getting an Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall etc... in FA, you have to draft to get guys like that, or pay out the nose in a trade which is VERY rare.

Back
Top Bottom