Building Our Hallowed Hall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building Our Hallowed Hall

dolfan19

Starter
Reaction score
for·ti·tude - strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage

Men, I have heard your cries of frustration.

Everyone here is tired of losing. No, scratch that - we are absolutely sick to our stomach with it. We've sat here loyally for years on end, each year believing that this year things will be different. Though time and time again, we've faced defeat, disappointment, and more recently, humiliation. It's been a long, hard road for everyone aboard the ship - our owner, the coaches, players, and especially the fans. We want to compete. We want to show pride. We want to win - today.

No, dammit. We want to dominate. We want to be a champion, a dynasty. We want the Miami Dolphins to be WORLD BEATERS.

Well, I come here today with good news....

OUR DAY IS COMING, MEN. And believe it or not, we are already in the midst of our next NFL Championship.

This week we continue to stack the foundation of our Hallowed Hall. Many of the bricks have been laid - don't be fooled by all of the "Currently Under Construction" signs..things are always messiest while we are building. I know all of the mud, dirt and dust can give the illusion that we are getting nowhere, but in fact this is strictly the solid foundation of what will amount to a shiny new skyscraper in your city of Miami. We will stand tall and proud once this construction project is finished - because we were there during "the rebuilding years." We didn't walk in during the ribbon-cutting...We were there throught the dirty times as well. We will wear that like a badge of honor.

But make no mistake - you should still beware the "Watch for Falling Rocks" signs. There will be obstacles for our team to overcome. They may be obviously labeled with a Patriots uniform, or the may be cleverly disguised as an Arizona Cardinal. But either way, things will surely stand in our way. Things will force us to work harder, sweat longer, and at times they may make us want to shed a tear or two.

But our days for crying are nearly over. Our days of determination will begin to pay off.

This team will start to show improvement, and soon. You may see it as soon as tomorrow. There may be an extra building block in place that you didn't see before - be careful not to trip over it while looking for the ceiling that's not yet in place. We have no walls to hold that ceiling, but rest assured - no rain will fall in here one day soon.

I come here today to ask for your patience, commitment, and your fortitude. I encourage you to enjoy this building process, to watch the artistry with which this tedious task is performed. You will see a day soon when a young Wide Reciever suddenly "clicks" with his new Quarterback. A day will come when our stud RB - take your pick - will break open that hole for the eternal sunshine of the endzone. A day will come when Free Agents want to come to our shiny new building, and there may not be room because of the talented young playmakers already taking up residence in our Hallowed Hall.

Again - please be patient with us for just awhile longer. Be careful where you step, and wear your hardhat. I make this promise to you in return...

There will be a day when you watch a cunning, strong-armed Number 7 hoist a particular peice of NFL history over his head and declare himself and his teammates World Champions.

And he will call this new building his home.

Hallucination - False or distorted perceptions of objects or events with a compelling sense of their reality, usually a product of mental disorder or as a response to a drug.

Tony says a tearful goodbye to the friends he has met in training camp, and then follows Parcell's instructions to "tap your heels together while repeating the words, 'There's no place like Dolphin Stadium." He awakens in his bedroom in Coral Gables surrounded by family and friends and tells them of his journey. Everyone laughs and tells him it was all a dream, except Uncle Wayne, who says sympathetically "Of course we believe you, Tony". Pennington appears and jumps onto the bed. A happy Tony, still convinced the journey was real, hugs Pennington and says, "There's no place like Dolphin Stadium."

Hallucination - False or distorted perceptions of objects or events with a compelling sense of their reality, usually a product of mental disorder or as a response to a drug.

Tony says a tearful goodbye to the friends he has met in training camp, and then follows Parcell's instructions to "tap your heels together while repeating the words, 'There's no place like Dolphin Stadium." He awakens in his bedroom in Coral Gables surrounded by family and friends and tells them of his journey. Everyone laughs and tells him it was all a dream, except Uncle Wayne, who says sympathetically "Of course we believe you, Tony". Pennington appears and jumps onto the bed. A happy Tony, still convinced the journey was real, hugs Pennington and says, "There's no place like Dolphin Stadium."

Well, there's one of you in every thread. Thanks for getting that out of the way early.

We need solid bricks for this foundation, not cracked ones with noodled arms.

We need solid bricks for this foundation, not cracked ones with noodled arms.

Noodle is not a brick, he is just a surveyor's mark...which will be removed as the building goes up...

well said brother...cheers......i think we will have to turn over the other half of the roster next year before we start to see team improvement. but i RESPECT THE CODE!

for·ti·tude - strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage

Men, I have heard your cries of frustration.

Everyone here is tired of losing. No, scratch that - we are absolutely sick to our stomach with it. We've sat here loyally for years on end, each year believing that this year things will be different. Though time and time again, we've faced defeat, disappointment, and more recently, humiliation. It's been a long, hard road for everyone aboard the ship - our owner, the coaches, players, and especially the fans. We want to compete. We want to show pride. We want to win - today.

No, dammit. We want to dominate. We want to be a champion, a dynasty. We want the Miami Dolphins to be WORLD BEATERS.

Well, I come here today with good news....

OUR DAY IS COMING, MEN. And believe it or not, we are already in the midst of our next NFL Championship.

This week we continue to stack the foundation of our Hallowed Hall. Many of the bricks have been laid - don't be fooled by all of the "Currently Under Construction" signs..things are always messiest while we are building. I know all of the mud, dirt and dust can give the illusion that we are getting nowhere, but in fact this is strictly the solid foundation of what will amount to a shiny new skyscraper in your city of Miami. We will stand tall and proud once this construction project is finished - because we were there during "the rebuilding years." We didn't walk in during the ribbon-cutting...We were there throught the dirty times as well. We will wear that like a badge of honor.

But make no mistake - you should still beware the "Watch for Falling Rocks" signs. There will be obstacles for our team to overcome. They may be obviously labeled with a Patriots uniform, or the may be cleverly disguised as an Arizona Cardinal. But either way, things will surely stand in our way. Things will force us to work harder, sweat longer, and at times they may make us want to shed a tear or two.

But our days for crying are nearly over. Our days of determination will begin to pay off.

This team will start to show improvement, and soon. You may see it as soon as tomorrow. There may be an extra building block in place that you didn't see before - be careful not to trip over it while looking for the ceiling that's not yet in place. We have no walls to hold that ceiling, but rest assured - no rain will fall in here one day soon.

I come here today to ask for your patience, commitment, and your fortitude. I encourage you to enjoy this building process, to watch the artistry with which this tedious task is performed. You will see a day soon when a young Wide Reciever suddenly "clicks" with his new Quarterback. A day will come when our stud RB - take your pick - will break open that hole for the eternal sunshine of the endzone. A day will come when Free Agents want to come to our shiny new building, and there may not be room because of the talented young playmakers already taking up residence in our Hallowed Hall.

Again - please be patient with us for just awhile longer. Be careful where you step, and wear your hardhat. I make this promise to you in return...

There will be a day when you watch a cunning, strong-armed Number 7 hoist a particular peice of NFL history over his head and declare himself and his teammates World Champions.

And he will call this new building his home.
Beautiful. I am one of those fans that will not give up or give in and believe. I am a realist and an optimist all the same and I DO see what you envision. Keep the faith and RESPECT THE CODE.

It's only 2 games. You never know. We could win our next 14 games lol, even though that's not going to happen. I think we can still go 7-9. We will be dominant soon, give it time. If you give up hope now, then you don't deserve to be a fan of this great franchise.

Great post! I agree. Seriously, teams like the Pats, Colts, etc. weren't always what they are today. They had to build and build for many years before they came out on top. Another example is San Fran. They used to be a dominating team and they are in the same boat as we are. The time will come once again for us to be contenders and even Champions.

Back
Top Bottom