Building the trenches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building the trenches

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
I am happy to see that the team realizes this is how you build a sustainable franchise.

I hope we see more concentration on the DL and the OL in the Draft as well.

You can quibble about whether you like Flowers and Lawson or not but they are clear upgrades for fair $$$ and reasonable years.

This is NOT the Miami Dolphins FA shopping spree we have come to know and hate.

Last edited:
Good post.

$20 mil a year for two good young cogs on both sides of the line. In arguably our two most desperate positions.

love it.

Apparently while Lawson does have some pass rush ability and did work getting behind the line last year (TFL and QB hits); Bills fans are saying he is a great edge setter and run stuffing DE. Boy is that needed with how sad the D line worked in the run game.

Apparently while Lawson does have some pass rush ability and did work getting behind the line last year (TFL and QB hits); Bills fans are saying he is a great edge setter and run stuffing DE. Boy is that needed with how sad the D line worked in the run game.

:biggrin

Honestly, that's what I always remembered about Lawson in college.

The NE/Flores scheme calls for a DE who can set the edge and is strong against the run and can be bumped inside on passing downs.He fits very well in Miami.

He also appears to be coming into his own so he may improve on his pass rushing stats in Miami.

I am happy to see that the team realizes this is how you build a sustainable franchise.

You can quibble about whether you like Flowers and Lawson or not but they are clear upgrades for fair $$$ and reasonable years.

Amen

IMO both of the signings are excellent. Flowers and Lawson will be key pieces in bridging together our rebuild. Outside of DVP and X we have no vets on significant contracts. Nor do we have any players set for a large pay increase any time soon. Guys on 3 year contracts will be gone before we have to extend any of the players from our incoming draft class if they don’t pan out.

Well said.

Like just about everybody here, I think DJ Reador would be ideal here. Adding Reador and Lawson to what we have would be monumental. Not perfect, but trending nicely. If not Reador, at, say, $12 M, maybe we can get Shelton for half that.

On the other side of the ball, with the departure of Kilgore, I expect another Center in FA. Might be Karras. If it is, we will need to spend a high pick on center this year or next because an impact center can do a ton for your offense.

It blows my mind that some posters are whining about the average cost of these two solid players...

Sure I'd like to buy a new 4x4 truck for only 5 thousand dollars too... but that's not what Detroit charges for them.

It's just pure stubbornness with these guys.

I like the approach hope we continue. Connor McGovern C/OG from Broncos would be great 26 years old coming off a good year. And then maybe a young NT like DJ Reader. I think we could get both for similar deals to what we gave Flowers and Lawson 3 year 30-35 mill type offers. That would be a real influx of talent on the lines of scrimmage

Back
Top Bottom