Buress hires Drew | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buress hires Drew

Not even Drew will get this guy the 6/30m/12m signing bonus he was seeking. He's a nice player but hes just not a difference maker. he can get downfield but his hands and concentration are questionable as is his work ethic and ability to play within a system. I mean if you cant handle being a 2nd option on a team that went 15-1 last year how is he going to handle being option 2 on a team that is mediocore?

No thanks unless the price comes wayyyyyyy down

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'd love for Drew to try and work out a deal with Miami. WR P. Burress is a soldi #2 WR, and with the loss of Boston, we could use his skills opposite Chambers. I wouldn't break the bank for him, but if he comes at a fair price, I would take him....

I thought the Steelers offense played much better when he was healthy. Plax has also had to play u.nder the shadow of H. Ward, arguably one of the best WR's in the NFL. I think if you put him opposite Chambers, we'd have a great double threat....

PHINZ RULE!!!! :evil:
GOOD POINT IF AT THE RITE PRICE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE PLAX ON OUR TEAM

Plax is a #2 WR. if he goes to a team that wants to use him as a #1, he will fail. he is a top notch #2 guy though, but miami does not need that so i hope we don't even look at him.

i dont know why you guys hate plaxico buress.... we already have 2 star WR's.... we dont really need plaxico but if we signed him it would only improve our receiving core.

He tested free agency and no one gave him what he wanted. That means he knows hes not getting what hes asking for..... because everyone knows hes not worth his asking price. That obviously means if he wants to play football this season, he of course will take what hes given. And with that said, he has something to prove this season... so id jump all over signing him... He'll get desperate and sign for less. I guarantee it. Weather its with miami or baltimore.... or whoever. He wont be signed for what hes asking. Simple as that.

Yeah, he seems like he knows what he's doing.

He's the arrogant kid in the kickball line who takes a false step on every selection 'cause he's just sure it's going to be him.

First he demands too much money (comparing himself to Muhsin is ridiculous), then he starts threatening a one year contract basically anywhere, then fires his agent. Looks good, Plax.

That being said, as I have previously stated, he's a good player and he has potential. But from his first big catch in the NFL (see spike/fumble) to now, he's continually proven to be an immature player. I'd sign him if he got cheap enough, but wouldn't expect too much.

godfater21 said:
Plax is a #2 WR. if he goes to a team that wants to use him as a #1, he will fail. he is a top notch #2 guy though, but miami does not need that so i hope we don't even look at him.

Yep, just like Peerless Price.

bongo59 said:
raffy..........you and i look at this different.........i think it is a pure indictment that his college coach has not even talked about the guy since he is the coach and GM of the phins..............plexiglass has avg 50-55 catches for 780 yds for the eighth slot in the draft............i think that is close to bust range for a guy that got picked that high............he is way way overrated...............and Rosenhaus cant change thsoe stats..........he'll blame the steelers.............but only a dope would buy it

I remember watching Mich. State's bowl game against the Gators. Plax was unstoppable. Coaches remember stuff like that. My guess is that Saban wouldn't mind having him on the team, but the WR position is not a big need for us. (that's why I doubt those predictions that we will take Edwards or Williams). There has been speculation that Plax will end up signing a one year deal so that he can prove himself and then re-enter FA. That's the only way I see him coming to Miami. Even then I don't expect it. What I expect is that we'll hear a rumor saying that. That's what was saying in my original post.

And remember Saban has only spoken about our players and Edge (after a direct question). He really has spoken about any other FAs, not even the ones we've actually signed. B/c of that I don't find find his silence particularly damning.

What's up with Drew? Why are players going to him?? Does he screw teams over that bad? Which dolphin players does he represent?

UCFinfan said:
What's up with Drew? Why are players going to him?? Does he screw teams over that bad? Which dolphin players does he represent?

Drew is a great salesman. He is well known for being available to his clients 24/7. He is the guy you can send to fix anything. ie Your wife is pissed b/c she heard about your girlfriend, send Drew. He also has been known to cut some of his % to land a client (at least in the past, I wouldn't know now)

I seriously wonder if any of you people have ever seen Plaxico play the game. The guy is a monster, and for those of you that marvel at Mike Williams size, how bout this for Burress........ 6-5 226!!!! The guy can also run people, he's faster than Mike Williams by a good bit I'd say, and Burress can also jump out of the stadium. The kid can play, and he probably is asking too much, but who doesn't???

PhinPhreak said:
NFL | Burress Fires Agent - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:32:43 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports free agent WR Plaxico Burress (Steelers) has fired his agent, Michael Harrison, and will hire high-profile player representative Drew Rosenhaus as his new agent.

Ok how long before Drew is stating my client really wants to play for the Miami Dolphins. :lol:

WOW it only took 1 day for that rumour to start.

godfater21 said:
WOW it only took 1 day for that rumour to start.

Well, Drew announced it on an ESPN interview on Saturday...no big new story there.

Back
Top Bottom