Burnett returns to practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett returns to practice

Probably wouldn't of even noticed if he doesn't play. Guy is mediocre at best at run/coverage and semi decent at pass rush.

Our Lb'er core need a complete overhaul of youth from this upcoming draft.

Probably wouldn't of even noticed if he doesn't play. Guy is mediocre at best at run/coverage and semi decent at pass rush.

I agree. I wanted us to draft Kuechly, but watching the first half last night, I don't think I heard his name called once.

In hindsight, glad we took Tanny but we do need some talented youth at LB.

Burnett is better than the back ups by far.

I agree. I wanted us to draft Kuechly, but watching the first half last night, I don't think I heard his name called once.

In hindsight, glad we took Tanny but we do need some talented youth at LB.

He's the one that popped Brown out of bounds after that long run. I never seen him do anything after that.

I'm thinking Manti Te'o or Jones would make things interesting next year.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Burnett is better than the back ups by far.

Yeah, but that's not saying much. All 3 of our starting LB's are a liability covering the middle. Wait till we play the Pats..

I disagree on our backups. Trusnik is pretty decent in coverage. At least what I saw in preseason.

I would rather a guy fighting for his career play sometimes than a guy making FA money who sat most of camp.

He's the one that popped Brown out of bounds after that long run. I never seen him do anything after that.

I'm thinking Manti Te'o or Jones would make things interesting next year.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Yeah, but that's not saying much. All 3 of our starting LB's are a liability covering the middle. Wait till we play the Pats..

I must have missed that stick, the game was boring as hell. Funny though, we made the Panthers d-line look all-pro in pre-season. They got manhandled last night by the G-Men.

I thought Burnett looked pretty good last year, but this year he's looked really off so far.

we need burnett to be better than he's been thru 2 weeks...that said if he was out and someone else in our current lb depth chart was playing in his place they'd be sticking out for all the wrong reasons...

so him being back at practice is really good news...

Well we are changing offensive and defensive scheme guys so you have to figure there is both a learning and talent curve issue. You have veterans drafted or brought in as free agents for a different scheme than we are using now. So even if they are talented they may not fit the scheme plus there is the mental learning curve going on.

Burnett had the most tackles among F.A. LB signings last year, including interception return for TD. After a slow start, help this defense to 6th in PPG, and you want to convince the rest of us to believe his mediocre. Sometimes, I wonder how much of the games do people really watch!

Back
Top Bottom