Burnett Vows to Go Next Level | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett Vows to Go Next Level

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Part of the Dolphins defense’s late-season success hinged on the resurgent play of Kevin Burnett. The linebacker, entering his second year with the team, recently joined The Finsiders to discuss his 2012 goals and the new coaching staff.
Now that his comfort level with his teammates is higher, Burnett wants to elevate his play.
“I want to go from a red to blue,” said Burnett, in reference to NFL scouts’ grading system. “A blue is a guy who can change the game at any point in time on the field. I want to be that Pro-Bowl player the Dolphins brought me into be.”
Read entire article:http://thefinsiders.com/blog/2012/burnett-vows-to-go-new-level

I liked how he played at end of year. If dansby comes into week 1 in shape, and we get production from pass rush, there's no reason yr2 won't be better. I like how he covers a hell of a lot better than the retiree!

The guy played fairly well once the team got on track. I was encouraged by what I saw last year, but ya he does need to step it up.

I dont want to hear about improvement show me improvement on the field IMO.

What's he supposed to talk about during the offseason then? His new favorite recipe?

Who doesn't want to improve from one season to the next? Give the guy a break, not like he was a flop or anything and is now just talking out of his rear end.

Flapping your gums in the off season is not going to make you a better player.
What's he supposed to talk about during the offseason then? His new favorite recipe?

Who doesn't want to improve from one season to the next? Give the guy a break, not like he was a flop or anything and is now just talking out of his rear end.

Talk is cheap action speaks louder then words. But if talk is good enough for you then more power to you.

Flapping your gums in the off season is not going to make you a better player.

I'm sure he made a call to the media and said, "Hey guys come interview me, I want to talk to you about how much I want to improve!".

Also, are you some sort of authority on what does and does not make players better? I'm sure you couldn't disagree that having a positive attitude is a pretty key ingredient in continued success at high athletic levels.

You need to get over the notion that you know what it takes to be a professional football player and accept that they are allowed to talk to the media and answer questions that THE MEDIA ASKS them. As if you have any idea what he's doing during the offseason any ways. Pretty presumptuous if you ask me.

I really like the direction were headed.Players' attitudes,and the fact that they WANT to be here is really great to see!!! It's as good an aura,that we've had around here in a lonnnnng time.......

I stated the it was my opinion that I want to see improvement on the field. I could care less about talk apparently you do. Good for you if believe every word that comes out of players mouths. Presumptuous is you telling me what my opinion should be. Get over yourself.
I'm sure he made a call to the media and said, "Hey guys come interview me, I want to talk to you about how much I want to improve!".

Also, are you some sort of authority on what does and does not make players better? I'm sure you couldn't disagree that having a positive attitude is a pretty key ingredient in continued success at high athletic levels.

You need to get over the notion that you know what it takes to be a professional football player and accept that they are allowed to talk to the media and answer questions that THE MEDIA ASKS them. As if you have any idea what he's doing during the offseason any ways. Pretty presumptuous if you ask me.

I stated the it was my opinion that I want to see improvement on the field. I could care less about talk apparently you do. Good for you if believe every word that comes out of players mouths. Presumptuous is you telling me what my opinion should be. Get over yourself.

He played great the second half of the season. In that case, he has already shown he's capable of doing more then just talking.

Back
Top Bottom