Burning Questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burning Questions

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Burning Questions
The key issues that face each team as the season approaches

• Can the Dolphins manage even the semblance of a running game without Ricky Williams?

Answer: So far there's been absolutely no evidence to suggest Miami will be able to replace the 1,400 or so yards that it was counting on from Williams before his surprise retirement announcement. But then, few Dolphins observers believe they're going to enter the regular season with nothing more than the unproven Travis Minor and journeyman Sammy Morris as their top two ballcarriers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/09/01/burning.questions/index.html

Justasportsfan said:
journeyman Sammy Morris as their top two ballcarriers

Last I checked Sammy was drafted and spent all 4 of his NFL years with your team. He's on his second team and I think that's pretty darn far from journeyman.

I know you didn't write that, but it just shows how some writers are plain idiots!

I think the team will pick up a back before the season starts. But I think it's more likely they'll wait to see exactly who gets cut before making any decisions. There was a lot of talk on here about Hearst, but with Anderson gone for the year, I wonder if that will even be an option now.

Miami Possums

I live in the Pittsburgh area and everyone has written the fins off this season. Pittsburgh fans seem to think they are gonna run over the 'fins 3rd game this year. I beg to differ, Miami is going to really suprise a lot of people. We arguably had one of the worse o-lines I have ever seen last year and still managed to win 10 games. We have a top defense and some offensive players I am really excited about. What I'm getting to is I hope NFL teams have the same lack of respect for the 'fins do that nfl fans and the so called "experts" do because they are going to get a real wake up call once the boy's take the field, regardless of who's the QB or RB. Wait and SEE:eek:

10 bucks says Miami has more than 1400 combined yards at the end of the season...its how we get those yards that cant be replaced..

FiN.in.RI said:
10 bucks says Miami has more than 1400 combined yards at the end of the season...its how we get those yards that cant be replaced..

I sure hope we can top 1400 yards or we will be in trouble.

FiN.in.RI said:

running Morris/Minor over 500 times is highly unlikely. No way we get 1400 from the 2 of them combined.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I live in the Pittsburgh area and everyone has written the fins off this season. Pittsburgh fans seem to think they are gonna run over the 'fins 3rd game this year. I beg to differ, Miami is going to really suprise a lot of people. We arguably had one of the worse o-lines I have ever seen last year and still managed to win 10 games. We have a top defense and some offensive players I am really excited about. What I'm getting to is I hope NFL teams have the same lack of respect for the 'fins do that nfl fans and the so called "experts" do because they are going to get a real wake up call once the boy's take the field, regardless of who's the QB or RB. Wait and SEE:eek:

I think they will be singing a different tune when that game rolls around...

--Ross

If we dont trade for another RB... I think Travis will have 700 - 800 yards easy.

You guys keep going off of preseason............

Rashad Lee from the Cowboys, looks real impressive. With me living in Texas I watch all the preseason games and he looks like he might have something. If Miami wanted him they probably have to part with a second day draft pick. He made a great 30yd td run tonight. Just a thought.

BiggDolphin said:
Rashad Lee from the Cowboys, looks real impressive. With me living in Texas I watch all the preseason games and he looks like he might have something. If Miami wanted him they probably have to part with a second day draft pick. He made a great 30yd td run tonight. Just a thought.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was actually AT the 'Phins vs Titans game and Rashard Lee isn't a good fit for us. He's not an upgrade over what we have. I'd compare him to a fatter Renaldo Works who we just cut.

That was the main reason I went to the game, but I also wanted to see what the Titans looked like since we play them week 1.

DOn't think we did much in pre-season last season...

...even with Ricky Williams playing a few downs.

Let's see what happens when the games count.

Justasportsfan said:
Burning Questions
The key issues that face each team as the season approaches

• Can the Dolphins manage even the semblance of a running game without Ricky Williams?

Answer: So far there's been absolutely no evidence to suggest Miami will be able to replace the 1,400 or so yards that it was counting on from Williams before his surprise retirement announcement. But then, few Dolphins observers believe they're going to enter the regular season with nothing more than the unproven Travis Minor and journeyman Sammy Morris as their top two ballcarriers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/09/01/burning.questions/index.html

I don't believe that Miami is counting on 1400 yds any longer. I believe they will pass the ball more and their offense will look more like NE's than their own offense last year.

Once again I will point out that in 2002 no RB that exceeded 1400 yards made the playoffs.

The Super Bowl winner in 2002-2003? They didn't even have a rusher in the top 30 :eek:

I think that Dillon might really hurt the pats. We know that he is going to cry if he dont get the ball enough, and you know that the pats like to open up the field. I really think that the Pats are going to struggle this year. I think that Brady is going to go down this year and they dont have a backup quarter back. I guess we could trade them one of our we have 3 on the team. Maybe for a good OL player.

Back
Top Bottom