Burress to the Giants could only help | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burress to the Giants could only help

NorthFinFan85

Starter
Reaction score
Burress could be in a Giants uniform by the end of the day, and this might interest a few more teams like Washington and Dallas in Surtain. Especially with Washington probably losing Smoot, and both teams having room for Surtain. Anyone else see these two teams entering in the bid for Surtain?

NorthFinFan85 said:
Burress could be in a Giants uniform by the end of the day, and this might interest a few more teams like Washington and Dallas in Surtain. Especially with Washington probably losing Smoot, and both teams having room for Surtain. Anyone else see these two teams entering in the bid for Surtain?

Dallas signed CB anthony henry to a decent contract... their need for a CB like surtain ended there

I think that if Burress goes to NY that it would help us rack up draft picks. We would be able to trade Surtain to the Vikes, and swap 1st round picks and maybe a 2nd or 3rd. They would probably want to trade down to pick up Braylon Edwards at the #2 spot. We could in turn move to the 7th and 18th spot. With the 7th pick we should pick up a Stud RB. With 18th pick, I think we should trade down with Philly for the 31st and 33rd overall. They need a WR to go alongside TO. Troy Williamson or Roddy White could be that WR, and they will both be gone way before Philly gets to pick.

We could possibly end up with 2 1st rd picks, and 2 2nd rd picks and then our 3rd rd on day one OR 2 1st rd Picks; 1 2nd rd pick; and 2 3rd rd picks on day one.

I think either one of those two would really help us this year.

I think the Vikings would probably listen if we offered Surtain and the #2 pick for their #7 and #18. But people trying to get another high pick from them out of that deal likely aren't understanding that if we insisted on getting the #7, #18, and another high pick, the Vikings would likely pass.

As things stand, they would probably not trade us the #7 and #18 for the #2 pick. I know people are hung up on the infamous draft trade value chart but not every team operates on that chart, and furthermore this year in particular I think most every team would disagree with what that chart says the #1 and #2 picks in the draft are worth. I personally disagree too. If Surtain is worth a 2nd rounder, then what it would be is the cost to move up from #7 to #2, would cost the Vikings moving their #18 pick down to the mid-2nd round. I think that's somewhat fair and not hard to swallow. We might be able to pull a 4th rounder out of them as well, but who knows...

I like the Trade with Seattle idea the best...we swap 1st round picks and trade Surtain for Alexander

nando03 said:
I think that if Burress goes to NY that it would help us rack up draft picks. We would be able to trade Surtain to the Vikes, and swap 1st round picks and maybe a 2nd or 3rd. They would probably want to trade down to pick up Braylon Edwards at the #2 spot. We could in turn move to the 7th and 18th spot. With the 7th pick we should pick up a Stud RB. With 18th pick, I think we should trade down with Philly for the 31st and 33rd overall. They need a WR to go alongside TO. Troy Williamson or Roddy White could be that WR, and they will both be gone way before Philly gets to pick.

We could possibly end up with 2 1st rd picks, and 2 2nd rd picks and then our 3rd rd on day one OR 2 1st rd Picks; 1 2nd rd pick; and 2 3rd rd picks on day one.

I think either one of those two would really help us this year.
a great scenario but since we just signed carter and it looks like we're broke now even after we trade surtain how are we gonna sign two number ones and two number twos

jnewmant is right everyone keeps talkin about all these picks we are going to get or could get but 1st rounders are expensive. If we do trade out it will prob. be down far like acruing a couple 2's and 3's. They are far mor affordable and alot of talent is there in the 2nd and 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom