Bush gets benched for fumble but Hartline doesn't and Carroll doesn't for 4 penalties | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush gets benched for fumble but Hartline doesn't and Carroll doesn't for 4 penalties

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Makes no sense why Bush was benched for fumble but yet Hartline wasn't after he fumbled?! What about Carroll remaining in the game after being flagged 4 fricken times??!!

Carroll did get benched. He came back in after Sean Smith got hurt.

While it was an awful decision to bench Bush last week, he didn't have much of a choice as there is absolutely NO DEPTH at DB or WR.

Plus that was Bushs second fumble in 2 weeks

You really believe it's so simple as Philbin would bench a guy for fumbling one time? That can't possibly be reality

That was only Hartlines 2nd fumble of his career. I was going to post that he had touched the ball over 150 times and only fumbled once. But I didn't want to jinx him.
. Guess it didn't matter. He was due, odd finally caught up to him. Now 2 fumbles in 172 touches. Hardly worth benching.

You really believe it's so simple as Philbin would bench a guy for fumbling one time? That can't possibly be reality

This is exactly correct. It should be quite obvious to everyone, if it wasn't already before, that Bush is being phased out. I will be shocked, completely shocked, if we decide to resign him. I believe this decision was made awhile ago by Philbin.

I'll admit I was one that didn't think we should get rid of Bush. I'm still not sure if we should, I think he's a talented player, but the writings on the wall now. It will be Thomas/Miller next year and it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing a lot more Miller after this week.

Bush wasn't benched for one fumble. He had 2 in 3 games and both were costly. Benching Bush doesn't effect the team as much for two reasons. First, the depth issue and two, Bush isn't playing well.

Let it go already.

The difference is that before that fumble, Bush hadn't really done a whole lot lately. His rushing numbers have been bad, he has mishandled some screen passes to him and just hasn't made that big of an impact. Daniel Thomas hasn't been great either, but there was no drop off in the running game when they benched him. Bush just hasn't been playing well. The benching had more to do than just the fumble.

Nolan Carroll was removed from the game yesterday, but had to go back in after Smith got hurt.

Hartline's fumble was his first since 2010 and only the second of his four year career. Not to mention that Hartline is on pace for the 5th best receiving yardage in franchise history, which would top anything Brandon Marshall did here in his two years.

This is exactly correct. It should be quite obvious to everyone, if it wasn't already before, that Bush is being phased out. I will be shocked, completely shocked, if we decide to resign him. I believe this decision was made awhile ago by Philbin.

I'll admit I was one that didn't think we should get rid of Bush. I'm still not sure if we should, I think he's a talented player, but the writings on the wall now. It will be Thomas/Miller next year and it wouldn't surprise me if we started seeing a lot more Miller after this week.

If that's the case, then they should be at least trying to feature him more in order to drive up any trade interest at the end of the season (unless the coaches are delusional and don't realize (like most of us do) that this season is already over)

If that's the case, then they should be at least trying to feature him more in order to drive up any trade interest at the end of the season (unless the coaches are delusional and don't realize (like most of us do) that this season is already over)
They can't trade a free agent.

The benched Bush because.
1.) he hasn't been performing
2.) he's fumbling.
3.) they told him to run north and he's running east and west because of poor blocking
4.) They have daniel Thomas who is at the beginning of his career and Bush is at the end.

Benching Hartline would be a disaster.

Atleast he can get somewhat open.

And then fall to the ground after almost every catch.....Don't know if everyone else notices it or not, but watch and you'll see the majority of his catches result in him going to the ground.....He needs to stay on his feet more and fight for yards. But hey, at least he catches the ball which is more than can be said for other WRs on the team.

The benched Bush because.
1.) he hasn't been performing
2.) he's fumbling.
3.) they told him to run north and he's running east and west because of poor blocking
4.) They have daniel Thomas who is at the beginning of his career and Bush is at the end.

They benched Bush because:
1) He is a play maker.
2) This regime obviously hates playmakers.

Back
Top Bottom