Bush on Punt/Kick returns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush on Punt/Kick returns

FinsBR

Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil
Reaction score
Watching Jests@Cheatriots made me wonder. Welker returns punts for NE and he is arguably the second best player on that offence, why isn´t Bush bleeping doing it for us? He did it in NO.

One more example on how bad our personnel management is but unfortunately it speaks in favor of Ireland. He landed Bush but the glorified 3rd down back is not being used correctly...

Dude are you serious? We are trying to suck for luck here and here you come along trying to make suggestions for our team to win. How dare you. I would rather have Paul Soliai back there returning punts / kicks

Watching Jests@Cheatriots made me wonder. Welker returns punts for NE and he is arguably the second best player on that offence, why isn´t Bush bleeping doing it for us? He did it in NO.

One more example on how bad our personnel management is but unfortunately it speaks in favor of Ireland. He landed Bush but the glorified 3rd down back is not being used correctly...

because sparano is AN IDIOT how many times we have to go over this? lol. why did Ginn return kicks and punts in sparanos firt year??? sparano is an idiot.

and YES bush goes down on contact. EVERYBODY knows this. BUT it doesnt mean he wouldnt be amazing in space or on screens or a draw every know in then on a play the holes have time to develop. he simply isnt used properly. weve made zero attempt to get him the ball on the edge. and he needs to be spread out more often, and get the ball coming across the middle like a slot receiver would

OP...please dont give the FO any ideas the fact that he hasn't even occasionally been back there is hilarious!

It's funny, I mentioned this very same fact to my brother as we were watching the Jets game yesterday. He's not even your featured back anymore, why not use him in any way he can help your team? I just don't get Sparano.

Dude are you serious? We are trying to suck for luck here and here you come along trying to make suggestions for our team to win. How dare you. I would rather have Paul Soliai back there returning punts / kicks
OMG I would love to see us line up Soliai as kick returner. I will take back everything bad i have said about Tony if he does..... well maybe not everything.
Chubbs

Why would R Bush score on a punt return? It's been 3 years since that has happened and his NFL punt return average is even worse then D Bess's. R Bush is not Wes Welker and he is not D Sproles. He is weak willed and easy to hurt.

However after watching him try to run the ball I can tell that he is a hell of a dancer.

Just to clear this up - Bush only occasionally returned punts for the Saints. Bush as PR for the Saints only had three outcomes 1.) huge positive play (he returned one and almost another against the Vikes a few seasons ago), 2.) huge negative play. Bush's tendency to give ground often had him being tackled far deeper than where he caught the ball. Losing 10-15 yards was fairly common and maddening 3.) Bush got hurt. He routinely came up limping after punt returns. This is the reason Sean Payton only occasionally used him as PR. Bush was a regular featured part of the Saints Offense so the possibility of losing him to injury on a PR wasn't worth the risk.

Bigger question:

Why did the FO even take on this guys ridiculous salary to begin with?

I wasn't active here when it happened, but I imagine all the Madden superjocks in here were ecstatic when we landed this guy?

A true fan never hopes his team lose no matter what. I still want the Fins to win, no QB in the Draft is a sure thing.

he simply isnt used properly. weve made zero attempt to get him the ball on the edge.

He had a pass out in the flat along the sidelines, one on one against 34 year old Takeo Spikes, couldn't beat him.

Back
Top Bottom