Bush Says he is Capable of Winning the Rushing Title | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush Says he is Capable of Winning the Rushing Title

I was one of the doubters. He certainly showed me he was capable of running between the tackles and staying healthy.

He had a nice year, nothing is impossible but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The odds are quite against it

Over 1000 yards on 5.0 YPC, 4 straight 100 yard games including a 200 yard game, and all that with a suspect offensive line. I think if he can do it.

He had a nice year, nothing is impossible but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The odds are quite against it

Good god man. REGGIE BUSH said he thinks he is capable of winning the rushing title. No one here said we thought he was able to. No one is getting ahead of themselves. Jesus christ. For f*ck's sake man, just enjoy players on the team you're a fan of having a good year... :bobdole:

With more consistent line play, I would definitely say it's possible. He definitely proved me wrong this year. He's actually bigger than Chris Johnson.

With Long at LT next year and Pouncey at C (two very good run blockers), it is entirely possible Bush could contend for a rushing title next year.

Of course that would be totally dependent on Bush's health and our QB play.

Its not just about the team we field next year but the teams we play against...If we play teams with crap Run D's it def can happen...

I just hope he can continue to stay healthy and keep him YPC up...

Last edited by a moderator:
The PFT article astutely points out that the next coach will determine the amount of touches Bush receives based on how the new coach's opinion of Bush.

Have to say, I would rather he didn't win the rushing title. I mean, seriously, what has that done for some of the teams in recent history.

Jones-Drew 2011 - Jags miss the playoffs
Arian Foster 2010 - Texans miss the playoffs
Chris Johnson 2009 - Titans miss the playoffs
Adrian Peterson 2008 - Vikings miss the playoffs

In 2007, LT took his team to the AFC Championship game and loss to guess who, Tom Brady
In 2006, LT took his team to the divisional round and lost again to Brady

You have to go back to 2005 when Running Back's actually meant anything when Shaun Alexander took his team to the Super Bowl. The late 90's entered in the decade of the RB only to fade to obscurity once LT finally got old and QB's were able to control the game a lot more.

See the thing is, if you have a Running Back in today's NFL winning the rushing title, it means you probably don't have a very good QB. Which means you are probably running the ball b/c you don't have full confidence in your QB. Any team with an elite QB that runs the ball 25+ times a game is either playing a HORRENDOUS run defense or got up early via the arm of their QB and just milked clock the rest of the game.

I would rather have a serviceable back with an elite QB. I know it's not easy to find that elite QB, but having a RB win the rushing title in this day and age is more of a curse.

I never doubted that he would do well with us. I watched him in N.O. and he was never really given the opportunity to be "that guy", so when he got the ball he tried to do too much. When we picked him up, I drafted him in my fantasy league, and everyone laughed at me. When he was wracking up 20 point games and I was demolishing opponents, I had the last laugh. I always said, if Chris Johnson could rush for 2,000 yards, Reggie can be just as good; They're practically the same guy.

Back
Top Bottom